“Great Hospitality nice location great seafood”

Il Principe e La Civetta
Price range: US$32 - US$58
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: IL PRINCIPE E LA CIVETTA RESTAURANT IS A SMALL, ART RESTAURANT LOCATED IN VIETRI SUL MARE, FAMOUS IN THE WORLD FOR HIS ARTISTIC POTTERY, PERFECT FOR BUSINESS LUNCHES, DINNERS OR ROMANTIC DINNERS. WE PROUDLY SERVE CONTEMPORARY MEDITERRANEAN CUISINE, PASTA FROM LOCAL PRODUCER, ITALIAN FISH AND SEAFOOD, ITALIAN MEATS COMES FROM TUSCANY. CELLER HAS FINE SELECTION OF ITALIAN WINE customaize menus and gluten free
Naples, Italy
“Great Hospitality nice location great seafood”
Reviewed 1 January 2014

We went on New Year's day with our two little boys. Called to reserve a table on our way. Antonio was very kind to us and greeted us kindly. We got delicious lentils first for good luck of New Years. They brought us an extra serving since the boys loved the dish so much. Octopus salad was very tender, the zepollinis were hot and delicious, our fusilli seafood pasta was loaded with fresh shell fish. We also had baked fish with roasted potatoes and veggies. The fish was very tender and fresh. Dessert was absolutely delicious, we tried the lemon cream fried puff pastries and cherry flavored fried puff pastries. Lemon one was the winner. We also had a light red wine. Everything was delicious. Price was a bit high (90 euros) since we didn't order anything for the kids. I guess New Year's Day prices are higher. We will go back there again on our next visit to Vietri.

• Visited January 2014

Ascot, United Kingdom
“Wonderful Italian hospitality”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Our hotel recommended this restaurant and on arrival we were a bit worried as there was only one other couple there, we needn't have been, food and service was outstanding. Antonio gave us menus but cooked what we wanted, sourced fish for us the next day. We were only in Vietri for the weekend but we went back 3 times. Antonio and his sister Lina were so friendly, they made our weekend so special and I am still talking about the puff pastry and lemon custard dessert, best I have ever had, hoping that if I keep showing local chefs the photo someone will make it for me, but I fear we'll have to go back to Vietri - can't wait.

Sicily, Italy
“Amazing fresh seafood, fantastic service.”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

My husband and I visited with our daughter and enjoyed a delicious seafood lunch. The owner Antonio welcomed us and waited on our table making us feel right at home. We had the most delicious anchovy pesto pasta and two fantastic fresh fish dishes. For dessert we had a lemon custard with puff pastry that was outstanding. My husband said he would return just to have that again. We definitely would eat here again next time we are in the area.

• Visited September 2013
“Great find, great food.”
Reviewed 17 September 2013

This is a lovely restaurant in Vietri. Antonio the owner is a great host and made us feel welcome and no query was a problem. I am vegetarian and during our 2 week stay in Vietri it was surprisingly hard to find a good variety of vegetarian meals. We ate here 3 times during our stay (it would have been more but we didn't discover the restaurant until our last week) and I had a different, and equally tasty, meal each time. The starters were particularly delicious. My husband had a variety of seafood based dishes abd thoroughly enjoyed them all. The only reason we have given 4 stars and not 5 for atmosphete was because the season was tailing off when we were there it was a little quiet, so we can't comment on how it would be in full season. We would highly recommend this restaurant and will definitely be going back when we are next in Vietri.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Outstanding!!!”
Reviewed 18 July 2013

What can I say about this restaurant - it's very nearly perfect. The seafood was the best I've had ever. The vegetarian option my wife got was just as good, if not better. The desserts are head-spinningly decadent. But what makes this restaurant so great is the service. The head chef, who is also the waiter, is so friendly and accomodating. He really makes you feel at home, even though you're a long way from home. Can't recommend this strongly enough.

• Visited June 2013