Hi Fiance and I stayed here during our road trip through Italy. I was a wonderful hotel in the pictures but the reality was very different. We were given a room what has to be the worst room in the hotel. It was on the bottom floor in a room that had a wall in front that blocked the view to the beach (view of the shipping dock is more like it). As soon as we walked in we were greeted with the smell of mold and toilet water. I had to sit on the balcony for the first couple of hours to keep from gagging. The balcony was so small that it was completely bare. The room next to us had a table and chair on their balcony. I felt very cheated that we were paying the same price for considerably less. We complained to the front desk who seemed genuine enough but they did the very minimal. The cleaning staff only sprayed a little air freshener. Upon checking out we found out that maintenance is doing construction on the room next to us. The place was clearly in the demolition phase. I am worried that this is what was causing the mold smell. In that case I worry that we may have been exposed to some hazardous materials. If you are reading this after you booked a hotel here, I would just say that if they give you room 514, demand another one immediately. I also recommend that you do not stay in this hotel before June of any year. The private beach is not open before then, even if the weather is nice. The private beach is also not so private. We walked down to the beach and found that it was super easy for anyone to just walk on the beach. When we got there it was filled with locals who completely dirtied the place. We had to watch our step to keep from stepping in trash. The breakfast wasn't great. It also wasn't the horrible.
If you are looking for a place in the area I would say, please choose another hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lloyd's Baia Hotel has a cliff-top location at Vietri Sul Mare, 3 km from the centre of Salerno. There is an outdoor pool and guests have free access to the private beach.Lloyd’s Baia's rooms are air conditioned and have satellite TV, most have a sea view. A continental buffet breakfast is served in the sunny dining room.At Hotel Lloyd’s Baia you will find an à la carte restaurant serving regional specialities. There is a comfortable lounge bar with internet access and a terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Lloyd's Baia Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lloyds Baia Hotel
- Best Western Vietri Sul Mare
- Vietri Sul Mare Best Western
- Lloyd's Baia Hotel Amalfi Coast/Vietri Sul Mare, Italy