We were told we would have a "Sea View". Apparently there are two types of Sea Views. Exact words from the hotel. "We Have two Sea Views". One faces the open ocean the other faces a shipping yard.The pictures show that yard but don't show the table so you're given a false impression of what you're actually getting. You're also under the impression you will have WIFI. You will but I kid you not, the AOL dial up I had at one point is faster. Don't rely on this WIFI if you're planning on doing any type of business at all. If you're planning on going to the beach expect to be charged extra at the end of your stay. I was told this when I arrived. There is one more surprise. The hotel charged a "Traveler's Tax" which I was dumbfounded by. I presume they don't charge anyone else which is flat out discriminatory. No warning what so ever. I was informed of this upon check out. Lastly, when I asked for an explanation which I felt I was entitled too It was met with sheer ruddiness buy the gentleman serving me. I felt cheated and I would highly recommend avoiding this hotel. If I had known this prior to booking I would have never stayed here EVER! I was so excited to visit this area and let angered and upset. Considering how truly beautiful the area is the hotel atmosphere is depressing. It is standard hotel business to accommodate their guests, yet the front desk seemed irritated by having to do so. Whenever asked a question, they were frustrated by the fact that they had difficulty communicating in English. Given that this is a tourist location (we were being charged a "tourist tax" after all), I found this rather odd. If they are going to hire people that can only speak Italian, the least they can do is have patience when assisting non-Italian speakers. It's such a same to finally visit such a wonderful place and have it destroyed by such a terrible experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lloyd's Baia Hotel has a cliff-top location at Vietri Sul Mare, 3 km from the centre of Salerno. There is an outdoor pool and guests have free access to the private beach.Lloyd’s Baia's rooms are air conditioned and have satellite TV, most have a sea view. A continental buffet breakfast is served in the sunny dining room.At Hotel Lloyd’s Baia you will find an à la carte restaurant serving regional specialities. There is a comfortable lounge bar with internet access and a terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Lloyd's Baia Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lloyds Baia Hotel
- Best Western Vietri Sul Mare
- Vietri Sul Mare Best Western
- Lloyd's Baia Hotel Amalfi Coast/Vietri Sul Mare, Italy