“An experience of a life time ”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Lloyd's Baia Hotel

Lloyd's Baia Hotel
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Vietri sul Mare
“An experience of a life time ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

The hotel view was spectacular and the environment along with the staff went above and beyond for our needs. The hotel is unique and very clean in every way which made our stay all the more pleasurable. Dinner on the beach was fantastic as was the food which was made fresh with such great service.

We were able to take a boat excursion of a lifetime all thanks to Denise Monreale who was able to
get us onto the boat ASAP for a great rate and have us personally dropped off to the boating docks. Whenever we needed any sort of clarification with regards to the facilities, our train tickets and any other inquiries Denise took great care of us and is exceptional in guest relations.

We loved our stay, thank you for everything.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank ShailiMeenu

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
cincinnati
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

This hotel is beautifully situated with stunning views. Some people have complained on here about the cargo and shipyard view, but it didn't bother me --just look the other way and you have panoramic vistas as far as you can see. Checking in was a bit of a challenge --you have to take multiple elevators not well marked, and you need go to negative floor numbers ( -1, -2 etc). If you are tired and jetlagged--get the facchino to help you!

Be aware -- there is NO Internet access. They say there is, but there is NOT. I was there on business and had to sit in the lobby at all hours of the night to use my computer. Very frustrating.

My other complaint is a mixed bag. I needed to extend my stay for one night. They said the hotel was full, but then were able to accomodate me later on in the day. That was very nice. However, they moved me to a room that was clearly not as nice and updated, and charged me twice as much! The toilet seat was broken, there was no shower curtain (there were hooks but no curtain!), the knobs were off of the temperature control units --just pretty shabby. I could handle it, but I felt like they took advantage of me because I HAD to stay another night, and they charged me almost double. When I tried to talk to the front desk about it, they really couldn't care less.

So, other than feeling like I was taken advantage of, I would stay there again because I love the location --and I would just preview the room before I accepted it.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Sofia, Bulgaria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

I was wit my family in Loyd's baia hotel for 3 days.The charming concierge Denis Monreale was our guide to our 2 days trip to Amalfi coast and Capri Island and all of us were very pleased of the whole experience.She organised for us a private yacht and made everything she could to show us everything interesting and important at the coast.She also recommended an exellent restaurants and made an unforgettabe experience at all.I can't say much for the hotel because as I mentioned we were most of the time outside but we were pleased of the staff and the hotel as a whole.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Durban, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

Was greeted by friendly staff and luggage was taken to our room. Stunning sea views,

room and bathroom clean and comfortable. Walking distance to restaurant. Breakfast was great!
Secure parking on property. Our safe did not work and requested someone to have a look at it but waited most of the day eventually took out documents with us. I will still go back again.

Room Tip: Ask for sea view room
Glendale, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

We had an amazing experience while staying at this hotel. The location was amazing, as we could see the ocean from our bedroom. The hotel provided us with delicious meals, and also helped accommodate us with our day trip plans. A big thank you to Denise Monreale for helping us along our trip! We highly recommend this hotel, and would love to come back as soon as possible!

New Delhi, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

Lloyd's Baia is a hotel with a great location but that's just about it. Except for one person at the reception, every other staff member was rude, detached, disinterested and just going about their jobs mechanically. The staff needs to be taught the basics of the hospitality industry.
When we checked in, they told us our room would overlook the shipyard. When we stated that we had specifically requested a room with a view, they tried to accommodate.
Their private beach is also not so private. I wish the staff at Lloyd's Baia would work at making the guest feel welcome. They need to work on their hospitality. A warm and welcoming smile can do wonders.
The place totally lacks a soul.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the shipyard are a total no no.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank veissali
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

We were told we would have a "Sea View". Apparently there are two types of Sea Views. Exact words from the hotel. "We Have two Sea Views". One faces the open ocean the other faces a shipping yard.The pictures show that yard but don't show the table so you're given a false impression of what you're actually getting. You're also under the impression you will have WIFI. You will but I kid you not, the AOL dial up I had at one point is faster. Don't rely on this WIFI if you're planning on doing any type of business at all. If you're planning on going to the beach expect to be charged extra at the end of your stay. I was told this when I arrived. There is one more surprise. The hotel charged a "Traveler's Tax" which I was dumbfounded by. I presume they don't charge anyone else which is flat out discriminatory. No warning what so ever. I was informed of this upon check out. Lastly, when I asked for an explanation which I felt I was entitled too It was met with sheer ruddiness buy the gentleman serving me. I felt cheated and I would highly recommend avoiding this hotel. If I had known this prior to booking I would have never stayed here EVER! I was so excited to visit this area and let angered and upset. Considering how truly beautiful the area is the hotel atmosphere is depressing. It is standard hotel business to accommodate their guests, yet the front desk seemed irritated by having to do so. Whenever asked a question, they were frustrated by the fact that they had difficulty communicating in English. Given that this is a tourist location (we were being charged a "tourist tax" after all), I found this rather odd. If they are going to hire people that can only speak Italian, the least they can do is have patience when assisting non-Italian speakers. It's such a same to finally visit such a wonderful place and have it destroyed by such a terrible experience.

Travellers are raving about these Vietri sul Mare hotels

Hotel La Lucertola
Hotel La Lucertola
#5 of 7 in Vietri sul Mare
Hotel Novotel Salerno Est Arechi

Been to Lloyd's Baia Hotel? Share your experiences!