“Just Amazing”
Review of Le Vigne di Raito

Le Vigne di Raito
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Treat yourself to a special day or evening inside a boutique organic vineyard along the spectacular Amalfi Coast. Tour the vineyards with the sommelier, wine taste with the winemaker, and feast on a seasonal meal made from fresh local ingredients all while overlooking the Mediterranean Sea. Enjoy a truly unique Italian experience.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 14 September 2013 via mobile

I am so glad that I found this place before we came to Vietri in September 2013. I don't want to give away too much so as to spoil it for others but I will say that from start to finish this was an incredible experience. We were picked up at our hotel and taken to the vineyard where we had a tour and tasted 5 different wines. Patrizia (the owner) then made us an incredible 6 course meal using only organic locally sourced ingredients including an eggplant parmaggiano I don't think I'll EVER forget! We ate on the terrace during sunset looking out over the coast views. Just stunning. Definitely an experience we won't forget. Thank you Simona and Patrizia!

1  Thank Niki W
"production process"
"delicious home"
"lemon jam"
in 2 reviews
"bought a couple bottles"
"beautiful vineyard"
in 3 reviews
"the food was absolutely delicious"

Reviewed 26 August 2013

Planning a trip to Italy's Amalfi Coast? Don't miss Le Vigne di Raito, a beautiful vineyard atop a mountainside facing the Gulf of Salerno. Taste delicious organic, southern Italian wines such as Ragis and Vitamenia while enjoying amazing views. The vineyard owner, Patrizia Malanga, has received critical acclaim from various wine experts throughout Italy. Patrizia is not only the producer of fine wine but she is also a great cook and treated my family and me to fine dishes typical of the Southern Italian regions of Basilicata and Campania. Meals such as stracotto, a slow cooked beef dish sauteed with onions and carrots, various fish dishes, mini eggplant parmigiana and pizzette are just some examples of Patrizia's cooking. Her Ragis and Vitamenia were the perfect compliments to the meals she served. Everything is served on exquisite ceramic dishes made in Vietri sul Mare. Many thanks to Patrizia and her husband, Stelio for their kindness, generosity and warm hospitality during our stay at Vietri sul Mare. Mille grazie!!!!

1  Thank Theresa G
Reviewed 23 August 2013

I visited the vineyard in April 2013 with my friend and her daughter and the one evening we planned a vineyard tour with a sunset dinner. We were picked up from our villa and taken to the vineyard, which was a wonderful drive and treated like family from the start. Erin navigated the curves while not missing a beat in telling us where we were driving through and what it is known for and tips for visiting each little town. When we arrived to the vineyard, Simone met us and gave us a tour of the vineyard, which was amazing. The story behind the vineyard, how it started what the land was before and seeing how amazing it is now was inspiring. We had dinner next which was unbelievable and chatting with everyone as if we had been friends forever. The food and wine pairings were one of the best of my whole trip. Erin drove us home at night which was just as scenic and beautiful as the drive there. I have finished off the last of the wine I purchased that night. It was great to be able to share such wonderful wine and the story behind it all. This vineyard will definitely be a stop on my next trip to Italy and I have been recommending it to everyone since I have returned from my vacation. This was definitely one of my top spots from my vacation and would recommend everyone to stop by for a visit, you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 1 August 2013

We stayed in Positano for one week this summer. It was my boyfriends birthday present to take a trip to this beautiful wine yard. He could not ask for a better birthday present after our visit. We got picked up in Positano and had a beautiful ride trough the Amalfi coast. When we first arrived the wine yard we where amazed by the view. We where guided by the winemaker, tasted good wine. We could ask her about everything, and she also explained and took her time to answer. Afterwords we had this beautiful lunch at their balcony. The food was local food with a lot of history behind. We loved it!
Thank you so much for an amazing day we will never forget! And fantastic people we spent the day with. Hope to come back some day..

Ronny and Victoria from Norway :)

1  Thank Victoriaoslo
See more reviews
Reviewed 23 July 2013

What an awesome experience! This is a once-in-a-lifetime tour you must take. We were picked up at our hotel in Positano by Erin and Kristin from I Heart Italia. The ride to Le Vigne di Raito was about an hour long and allowed us to enjoy a scenic tour of the Amalfi Coast. ***CAUTION: The roads in the Amalfi Coast are extremely twisty and turny!***

We arrived at the Vineyard and enjoyed learning about the culture of the town, the history of the vineyard, and tasting the grapes that were growing on the vines! The views from every point of the vineyard are breathtaking. You are guaranteed to have amazing photos of the Amalfi Coast to take home with you.

The owner of the vineyard, Patrizia, and her family will make you feel like you are a part of their family. They are very accommodating to your needs and Patrizia is an amazing cook and will fill your stomach to the rim.

This is a must-do if you ever come to the Amalfi Coast. I will never forget this experience thanks to I Heart Italia and Patrizia and her family.