“Wine Tasting, Amalfi Coast and Southern Hospitality”
Review of Le Vigne di Raito

Le Vigne di Raito
More attraction details
Owner description: Treat yourself to a special day or evening inside a boutique organic vineyard along the spectacular Amalfi Coast. Tour the vineyards with the sommelier, wine taste with the winemaker, and feast on a seasonal meal made from fresh local ingredients all while overlooking the Mediterranean Sea. Enjoy a truly unique Italian experience.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 10 October 2013

We have been to Le Vigne di Raito each of the last two years. Last year we had a wine tasting and this year we had a lunch/dinner. Both are experiences that I encourage others to enjoy. You approach the vineyard driving along the scenic Amalfi Coast. The owner Patrizia Malanga greets you at the lower part of her terraced vineyard of aglianico and piedirosso grapes. As you walk up toward the cantina Patrizia will explain her organic viticulture and the challenges associated with having a vineyard on a side of hill exposed to the Gulf of Salerno. Periodically you will pause and soak in the vista of the vineyard with the Amalfi Coast in the background - breathtaking. At the cantina you are either treated to a wine tasting or a multi course lunch/dinner overlooking the Amalfi Coast. The lunch/dinner features scrumptious local dishes such as: tuna, anchovy, goat cheese, egg plant, mozzarella di amalfi, pasta with anchovy and chopped nuts sauce, calamari and peas (peas tasted like beans), potato and peppers and bread. Note due to dietary constraints we had specifically asked for a fish focused lunch/dinner. Each course features wine from Patrizia's vineyard - an excellent blend of 80% aglianico and 20% piedirosso. Patrizia and her daughters are excellent hosts. They are most attentive and engaging. A sunny afternoon/early evening overlooking the Amalfi Coast from a cantina less than a kilometer from the water while enjoying delicious Southern Italian food and wine - it does not get any better than this.

1  Thank corletoRG
There are newer reviews for Le Vigne di Raito

Reviewed 3 October 2013

What could be better than being picked up a short distance from your hotel and letting someone else do the driving along the stunning Amalfi Coast? It leaves you free to take in the panoramic splendor and anticipate a gourmet dinner at the end of the drive. This is just the beginning of a memorable experience offered by I Heart Italia and Le Vigne Raito. You meet Erin, an amiable and informative guide, who introduces you to the principal sommelier and winemaker at Le Vigne Raito, Simona. A short walk through a legendary Positano lemon grove takes you to a shady spot overlooking the coast, where you get your first taste of a series of excellent wines. Simona will answer any questions you may have regarding terroire, regional climate particulars, and types of grapes that thrive in the area. Another tasting and you're off to meet Patrizia, the owner, who has prepared a multi-course meal just for you. On the night we were there, a chamber orchestra was performing down the slope. The music wafting up to the terrace where we dined was an enjoyable addition to our experience, as was an indescribable sunset. I can't think of a better way to enjoy the Amalfi Coast than to let Erin and her friends welcome you with their warm hospitality. My wife and I fondly recall our visit to Italy this year, and discuss how, more than anything else, we were fortunate to find so many people who were living where they loved to be and doing what they loved to do. Le Vigne Raito is a beautiful example of that philosophy. Don't miss it.
Patrick and Susanna Adams
Rochester, NY

1  Thank SusannaAdams
Reviewed 26 September 2013

My wife and I stayed in Praiano for our honeymoon. A friend of mine had been to visit Simona and Patrizia via Erin of 'I Heart Italia' a year before and raved about it. We booked with Erin and it did not dissappoint. She was beyond friendly and reflected the passion of Simona and Patrizia. After a nice scenic tour through the vineyard, they invite you onto Patrizia's terrace for a wonderful meal to pair with the wines.
Both an educational and delicious day with excellent wine, food and people!

A breath of fresh air from the usual tourist hustle and bustle you see so much of along the coast!

2  Thank mitch7190
Reviewed 14 September 2013 via mobile

I am so glad that I found this place before we came to Vietri in September 2013. I don't want to give away too much so as to spoil it for others but I will say that from start to finish this was an incredible experience. We were picked up at our hotel and taken to the vineyard where we had a tour and tasted 5 different wines. Patrizia (the owner) then made us an incredible 6 course meal using only organic locally sourced ingredients including an eggplant parmaggiano I don't think I'll EVER forget! We ate on the terrace during sunset looking out over the coast views. Just stunning. Definitely an experience we won't forget. Thank you Simona and Patrizia!

1  Thank Niki W
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Planning a trip to Italy's Amalfi Coast? Don't miss Le Vigne di Raito, a beautiful vineyard atop a mountainside facing the Gulf of Salerno. Taste delicious organic, southern Italian wines such as Ragis and Vitamenia while enjoying amazing views. The vineyard owner, Patrizia Malanga, has received critical acclaim from various wine experts throughout Italy. Patrizia is not only the producer of fine wine but she is also a great cook and treated my family and me to fine dishes typical of the Southern Italian regions of Basilicata and Campania. Meals such as stracotto, a slow cooked beef dish sauteed with onions and carrots, various fish dishes, mini eggplant parmigiana and pizzette are just some examples of Patrizia's cooking. Her Ragis and Vitamenia were the perfect compliments to the meals she served. Everything is served on exquisite ceramic dishes made in Vietri sul Mare. Many thanks to Patrizia and her husband, Stelio for their kindness, generosity and warm hospitality during our stay at Vietri sul Mare. Mille grazie!!!!

1  Thank Theresa G