The pro's 1. The staff are wonderful and very helpful even if they don't have to be.
2. The Breakfast was wonderful and even better having it in your room.
3. The pool area and spa are what they should be in a 5 star so you wont regret that part.
4. The views are amazing and just cant get any better.
The Con's 1. We stayed 3 nights and each day had to switch to a different room due to no Air Condition. The last room we just gave up as it was the last night and it seemed impossible to get what we wanted. We went from Seiren Deluxe with partial sea views to Seiren with full sea view then last to a Deluxe with garden and Terrace. All the rooms were nice except very hot.
2. second night the staff said hotel fully booked and could not move us but said we should keep the door open to our balcony as it would be cooler then keeping it closed. We did this and my partner woke up with huge bug bites all over his arm and neck and made him sick the rest of the trip as he was in a lot of pain.
3. The hotel needs repair as we visited this hotel less then a year ago for dinner and now the fountain in the lobby is broken and falling apart the A/C units need repairs just simple cosmetic details are going unnoticed. We can only assume they are either going bankrupt or the owner can't leverage the property's to get the loans to do the upkeep as the economy is going down the tubes. It's sad since this truly is an amazing place and good staff.
And we are not tight on money as I would have spent $1K a night to have a nice room with A/C. My mother and her friend booked a basic room facing the garden and there A/C worked just fine and the room was very nice so go figure.
I included a picture of the Garden terrace to let you see that its very overgrown and the chairs were almost falling apart. But then again the view was just stunning so I kinda just thought what the hell I'm seeing one of the most amazing views in the world.
Also just pay the 20 euro's to use the spa as its OK but the view is amazing and you can relax.
Also the Food as from a few pictures below was very good and priced well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A recent and precious renovation has turned the famed Hotel Raito, in Vietri sul Mare into a closely guarded secret getaway, the crown jewel of the Amalfi Coast. This extraordinary five star hotel displays a suggestive landscape where Earth, Sea and Sky seem to meet exalting its marvelous position which sets in the mountain-site descending on the amazing Salerno bay. Superb landscapes and a central location give the hotel the most desirable destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Raito reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Raito Hotel Vietri Sul Mare
- Hotel Raito Amalfi Coast/Vietri Sul Mare, Italy