Pool was lovely and the breakfast staff and pool staff very friendly...but that's about it.
Find another hotel in the amazing Amalfi coast. This is a 3 star hotel masquerading as 5 star. Not worth the stay. Restaurant was atrocious. We had to send the meal back on the first night and the next time we tried it 3 days later, I had food poisoning from the tuna and was sick all night. Reception staff generally do not care, not helpful, our initial Deluxe Room was awful with broken windows, a window boarded up, and we had to be moved twice before we were given a room to the standard that was expected. When booking on the site the picture clearly showed a different style room and we noticed 3 weeks later it had been changed to a different picture. What we ended up with was a deluxe sea view room which I would recommend every time as the others are just not up to standard and certainly not worth the €200+ price tag. I wrote by email 3 times before we arrived as we would not be there until 7pm and check in apparently closes at 6pm. Not one email was responded to. We were rudely phoned in our room at 11.30pm for a copy of our passports (please wait until the morning!). A coffee in the lobby was too much to ask (even though staff were merrily eating their lunch there), wifi was intermittent (this does happen a lot in Italy however) and our complimentary fruit and wine did not arrive at our room (as promised by booking.com) - when we raised this we were told there was no such offer and it was only when I showed them our booking which clearly stated it, the receptionist retracted and sent up a bottle that afternoon (on day 3).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A recent and precious renovation has turned the famed Hotel Raito, in Vietri sul Mare into a closely guarded secret getaway, the crown jewel of the Amalfi Coast. This extraordinary five star hotel displays a suggestive landscape where Earth, Sea and Sky seem to meet exalting its marvelous position which sets in the mountain-site descending on the amazing Salerno bay. Superb landscapes and a central location give the hotel the most desirable destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Jet2Holidays , Hotels.com, Odigeo, LoveHolidays, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Raito reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Raito Hotel Vietri Sul Mare
- Hotel Raito Amalfi Coast/Vietri Sul Mare, Italy