My take on this hotel wad coloured by the upgrade to a junior suite we scored. The rooms are almost all of a good size, but of course with the suite - well it's nice to feel spoiled every so often.
The service at check-in was excellent with the lady being both efficient and friendly. The rooms are in good repair but not well-maintained: the bathroom door didn't close; but the views are marvelous from all rooms, and with the spacious patio they're even better. The same views are available everywhere: the bar, breakfast / dining room and terrace and the pool area. The furniture in the rooms AMD public areas is classy.
Breakfasts are good - not buffet style, but table service with a selection of fruit juices and cereals, coffee, pastries, boiled eggs and yoghurt. Lunch and dinner are ok, but pricey - we preferred to eat out in Amalfi (fa Gemma was our favourite).
There is a bus stop for the services to Amalfi and beyond as well as to Positano and Sorrento, but the buses are never on time, and more often than not don't stop when hailed as they're overful or the driver just doesn't feel like stopping. We overcame this problam by taking the hotel shuttle to Amalfi (EUR4 p/p); ad it's the terminus you can always find a seat (important as it's hard to stand otherwise with the driver's negotiating the hairpin bends). Make sure you get on the bus ay least 10 minutes before scheduled departure time.
The maitre d' at the restaurant wad very helpful, but otherwise much of the service was lackadaisical.
Overall an excellent hotel and a good choice for Conca dei Marini, though if your budget is tighter, you won't go wrong with the Locanda degli Agrumi in upper Conca either - less luxury but better service and prices.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel belvedere enjoys a superb location in conca dei marini with dazzling coastal views. amalfi is just under 2,5 miles away.the owners personally make their guests very welcome, the hotel reflects their personal attention to detail.there are many tranquil terraces, the cliffside seawater swimming pool, reached by private lift. deckchairs and towels are provvided. the hotel has a spacious lounge and panoramic restaurant. all the bedrooms have balcony with front sea view. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel Belvedere reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belvedere Hotel Conca Dei Marini
- Belvedere Resort Conca Dei Marini
- Hotel Belvedere Amalfi Coast, Italy - Conca Dei Marini