“WOW”

La Massana Andorra
“WOW”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

WOW
38 years ago my wife and I were touring the Amalfi coast and discovered the BELVEDERE HOTEL. We went on to the balcony and simultaneously said
“WOW WHAT A WONDERFUL VIEW AND POOL”
We moved in immediately and were given a lovely room overlooking the pool and
the sea. We have returned many times.
I have often asked myself why not try another hotel.? I know THE BELEVEDERE hotel
is top rate, the rooms excellent , the staff are exceptionally friendly and helpful and attention to detail is first rate.Nothing seems to be too much trouble. We have never found in all our travels a better hotel.
For us the pool is a great feature and poolside lunches are a must as is lunch at the beachside restaurant in the next tiny bay which is in the old Conca dei Marini village.
We return regularly and often invite some of our children and/or grandchildren,
all of whom queue up to be asked . The yearly visit to THE BELVEDERE IS NOW
OUR ANNUAL PILGRIMAGE.
ROLL ON 2014

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Charles W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Polish first
Roma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

My husband and I spent a week at the end of September in this beautiful hotel. The building has a lot of charm and we had an amazing room with a large terrace from there the view is spectacular, we can see Amalfi and the cost till Salerno. The staff is professional and we have been pampered by them, from the morning at the breakfast, served on their beautiful terrace, until the evening in the dining room. Including the personal at the swimming pool, kind and attentive. The hotel propose a great trip to Capri, they recommend us and it was wonderful. We wish to come back soon.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Maria Cristina R
Bexhill/Sussex
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

My wife and I and four of our friends have just returned from a weeks stay.
We were very well looked after by the excellent staff, who could not have done more to help and look after us.
Our booking was half board and I must say that that the food was super.
Rooms were spacious and clean, and off course the view fabulous from the balcony.
The bus shuttle into Amalfi was very convenient, as local buses can get very crowded, and you may not want to risk the walk on a very busy road.
This area is very convenient for visiting Positano, Capri, Sorrento, Pompeii, Herculanium and more
Which the hotel can organise for you.

Room Tip: Sea view excellent
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Amalfi, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 4 nights and it was excelent. The view from all rooms is amaising, The staff is kind, the pool is the best, free parking and the locaton is very good. Next time in Amalfi - i am sure i will choose this hotel again.

Room Tip: In highest floor the view is better
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

This is a very good hotel. We stayed from at the end of August for seven nights and the view from the balcony looked along the coast to Amalfi , a lovely view. We ate at the hotel at night as we had booked half board , this was a good choice as there were no restaurants open nearby at night and no footpaths to the very busy road .The food was very good although I had steak one night and it was very tough . We used the local buses and they are often standing room only , we went to Sorrento and it took one and a half hours , if the bus is full it may not stop , make sure you get your ticket at the hotel as they don't issue them on the bus .A walk upto the village is good as the views get even better but it is a long climb so may not be for everybody. All the staff were very helpful and I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We had end room on 3rd floor ,fantastic view to Amalfi but only got the sun early morning.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Graham B
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

I would have given this hotel 4 stars if it weren't for the horrific over priced dinner on my first night here. Was sat and waited 25 minutes and no one stopped by and offered me anything. I had to go to the front desk and complain. After agreeing to go back to the dining room the service was still mediocre. And the hotel had the audacity to still charge me 45 Euros for this one dinner. Management should have comped the meal. I should have said something when I checked out. I did not return for dinner the rest of my stay. Lunch was a little pricey as were the 'extras' one could order to go along with the minimal complimentary breakfast. The whole meal thing is unfortunate because I had an amazing room with sea view, large terrace and the hotel and pool is amazing and had I been comped that dinner my review rating may have gone up to 4 stars. I most likely will not book this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
5 Thank suitetravel
belvedere1, Direttore at Hotel Belvedere, responded to this review, 19 October 2013
Thank you for the review, we hope that you come back to us because we wish that you will change your mind about the dinner service and you will see how we have improved it.
To the next visit, regards
canterbury
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

The hotel has some very good points and also some bad points, the views are stunning, hotel staff friendly and helpful, the pool is lovely, but lots of steps down and an awful old dark smelly lift back up, no footpaths on roads and hotel is situated on road, traffic crazy not safe to walk in evening, taxi drivers charge what they feel like, 30 euros back from almalfi, which is only ten minute drive, noisy chairs scraping on ceiling late into night, only a set menu written in Italian, so don't know what choices until head waiter translates every evening at your table so bit late if you don't like any of the four choices, mostly fish and veil every night, rooms clean and comfortable, shame no tea making facilities, very old fashioned. The surrounding area is beautiful, we hired a car, the holiday would not have been very good without a car, but the roads are crazy, so you have to be a brave driver. Air conditioning was not very good in rooms, having said this our holiday was good, Sorrento was excellent, Pompeii is a must, also visited Capri it is much better to book your own trip, it is such a small island so easy to find all the things to see and much cheaper than an organised excursion.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
#5 of 20 in Praiano
Grand Hotel Tritone
Grand Hotel Tritone
#7 of 20 in Praiano

Been to Hotel Belvedere? Share your experiences!