Stayed at the Hotel Belvedere for one week in early May 2014, our first visit to the area. The stunning setting in which this hotel finds itself takes some absorbing. Located on a cliff edge, the views from hotel terraces and balconies towards Amalfi and onward are amazing - you could spend hours just taking in the scenery.
On our arrival we were met by cheerful and helpful staff who arranged for our luggage to be moved to our room - closely followed by a complimentary ice cold bottle of Prosecco - a very nice touch. Our room, a Junior Suite, was large, well furnished and very clean with plenty of storage, hanging space and hangers. The beds were a little bit firm for us but that is a personal thing and may suit others, the large balcony was a great feature - an ideal place to enjoy tea, coffee or a pre-dinner drink, the rooms would benefit by the addition of tea and coffee making facilities although room service when ordering these items was very efficient.
We enjoyed half-board for the duration of our stay, generally the food was of a good standard with plenty of choice available. Breakfast on the outdoor terrace was well worth getting up for, not only for the food but for the views as well, a great place to start the day. Staff at the hotel were very helpful and polite with nothing seeming to be too much trouble.
As with everything there are downsides, whilst the location of the hotel could not be bettered from a scenic and quiet point of view, these attributes also left us feeling somewhat isolated. It is not really practical to walk anywhere from the hotel as the roads are very narrow and there are no footpaths - in addition ,everything is either very 'up' or 'down', there are very few flat areas. The shuttle bus operated by the hotel is very convenient but only operates until 5.30pm - a charge of EUR4.00 per trip is set by the hotel and, whilst not in itself excessive, can mount up over the course of a week (charges paid at the end of your stay IN CASH) -the taxi 'alternative' also appears very expensive. These two things could give you the feeling of being a bit of a 'captive audience' during the evenings.
Overall a quiet and relaxing holiday, if this is what you are looking for then this hotel is ideal, if you are looking for a little more then a hotel closer to, or in, Amalfi may be a better alternative.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel belvedere enjoys a superb location in conca dei marini with dazzling coastal views. amalfi is just under 2,5 miles away.the owners personally make their guests very welcome, the hotel reflects their personal attention to detail.there are many tranquil terraces, the cliffside seawater swimming pool, reached by private lift. deckchairs and towels are provvided. the hotel has a spacious lounge and panoramic restaurant. all the bedrooms have balcony with front sea view. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Belvedere reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belvedere Hotel Conca Dei Marini
- Belvedere Resort Conca Dei Marini
- Hotel Belvedere Amalfi Coast, Italy - Conca Dei Marini