“Lovely little family run restaurant”
Review of O'Bacchiss - CLOSED

O'Bacchiss
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations, Waitstaff
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations, Waitstaff
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Lovely little family run restaurant”
Reviewed 13 September 2012

This place was brilliant - we were collected from our hotel by the owners and given the best food I think we had all holiday (We went from Rome to Sorrento, to the Amalfi coast on our trip).

We loved rustic feel and the effort they made as well as their great customer service. The pizzas were to die for, very cheap and huge (good value for money). We loved the home made wine and Limoncello. And the tomato and mozzarella starter was the nicest salad I think I have ever had.

The location was great - looking out to sea.

The best thing was that it felt like genuine Italian food - not aimed at tourists as such, but somewhere the locals loved to go too, which is what we love about going on holiday - enjoying things the way they do it locally, rather than seeking out places that do thing more the way it's done 'at home'.

If you go to Conca - or are staying nearby, venture out of the hotel - this little place is worth it. Our bill came to no more than 35 Euro's for both of us... 2 starters, 2 pizzas, half a litre of wine, beers and limoncello.

Visited September 2012

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Basic, cheap, but excellent service and decent food.”
Reviewed 12 July 2012

My wife and I walked up to Conca dei Marini from the coastal road below, which is a hell of a climb for two Brits not used to the temperature on the Amalfi Coast in July! We popped out of the huge flight of stairs up to the town onto the road opposite this restaurant. Seeing how hot we were, the owner immediately offered us a couple of Peronis, which were not refused!

The pizzas we ordered were authentic and delicious, the beers were the cheapest in the area, and the staff were very friendly. Although it was nothing fancy, it made for my favourite meal during my time in Amalfi.

1 Thank TheRtHonorable