“We WILL be back”

Agriturismo Sant'Alfonso
Ranked #1 of 21 Furore B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We recently stayed here for three nights on a holiday on the Amalfi Coast. First and foremost, the setting of the hotel is breathtaking. Overlooking the coast, farmhouses, lemon orchards, and cypress trees, you have to pinch yourself to realize that you're not in a too-perfect Amalfi cliché. The accommodation was comfortable and the food was very good and all local. You can also start the "Path of Gods" (Sentiero degli Dei) hike from the backdoor of the hotel. Overall, an excellent family-run property that we will definitely be returning to.

Room Tip: Get a room with sea-views.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ZZCLSE

Reviewed 6 June 2014

I stayed here end of May 2014 with G adventures Tour.
It is an absolutely beautiful place to stay. The owners and staff are so friendly and helpful.
The food is all local and made from scratch. It is also the best food I've ever eaten.
I am vegetarian and they made so many wonderful vegetarian options for me.
There is 120 stairs from the road.
It was really challenging at the beginning of the week but got easier as the week went on. They have a pully to take your luggage up and down so you don't have to carry it
I would definitely recommend this place to anyone.
There are so many hiking options a few you can do right from the top of the stairs.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 26 May 2014

My mom and I stayed six nights at the agriturismo for the G Adventures Local Living Amalfi Coast tour. It's beautiful, charming and the staff are fantastic.

Our room featured large windows that opened out into the gardens and valley. It was nicely decorated and there was plenty of space. Aside from some creature comforts - very small bathroom, hot water was sometimes touch-and-go in the shower, the pillows were very thin and the beds very firm, the WiFi signal wasn't strong - everything in the room was fine. The terrace overlooking the ocean and sitting area above it are relaxing and a perfect place to enjoy the views (but watch out for the bugs!).

Michela and Nicola made wonderful food using local ingredients, and the house wine made on the property is very nice as well. Antonio the waiter provided great service at dinner throughout the week, keeping everyone's drink orders together and serving up MANY bottles of prosecco and liters of wine :) Breakfast in the morning is yummy pastries, yogurt, fruit, some meat and cheese, and tea and great cappuccino.

If you're looking for a really special place to stay, Agriturismo Sant'Alfonso is it. I've never stayed in a more gorgeous, natural setting and it made me feel like a local.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Megan C
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

It is not often that you find a place that truly meets your expectations - and even rarer still to find one that exceeds them. Sant'Alfonso not only exceeded my expectations but set the bar so high I struggle to believe I'll ever find another place like it.
Set high up on the hills of the small town of Furore the views are just beautiful and the 1700's farmhouse still has portions of the original frescos from when it was once a monastery. But these things pale in comparison to the warmth & hospitality that you receive from Nicola & Michala - nothing is ever a problem for them & the exquisite meals they prepare from traditional family recipes using organic produce grown in their surrounding gardens; including their own olive oil & wine, are just divine. In addition their helpful staff are such a joy - with special mention to Antonio, the fabulous 'waiter' who will always be the best ever for the serving of Prosecco in the hot tub. :)
I enjoyed my week at Sant'Alfonso immensely & would not hesitate to return & recommend to all - it truly was perfection.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank jafachick
Reviewed 1 May 2014

My friend and I stayed at this lovely hotel as part of a G Adventure tour.This family operated hotel/farmhouse is perched on a cliff with spectacular views of the Amalfi Coast. There is so much to love about this place including the hospitality of the owners, the Cuomo's, and the staff, the beautiful views, and the most delicious food I ate while in Italy. I definitely hope to return someday..

As others have noted, there are many steps, around 100, from the parking area to reach the hotel. They do have a pulley system to transport luggage up and down, so you don't have to haul your own luggage.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank travelmaniacFlorida
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I had the great privilege to experience 6 nights of rest & rejuvenation at the home of Michela & Nicola last week. As many before me, I was here on a G Adventures trip, hiking through some of the most beautiful scenery these eyes have seen in a very long time. Our hosts were amazingly gracious, the food was BEYOND my expectations, and the WHITE WINE was the nectar of the Gods(and VERY reasonably priced!). Our window opened wide to the fresh air and the breathtaking scenery. The down comforters were deliciously warm during our beautiful April week there. We never used the heat in the room! The staff at the Agriturismo were exceptionally kind and attentive(Giovanna with breakfast, Tina with the rooms, and who could forget Antonio every night at dinner or to deliver a pitcher of wine to the terrace after a long hiking day). We enjoyed the opportunity to set eyes on the kitchen and the preparation that went into some of the delicious meals! I only wish I had taken time to spend with Michela watching her bake and bribing her for some of her amazing cake recepies! As I write this, my husband is starting a dough with our 2 kids(13 & 10), which he learned from Michela of course! Cannot wait for dinner tomorrow night!! If you are looking for AUTHENTIC Italy, come here! If you are looking for AWESOME food, come here! If you are looking for a friendly & respectful staff, what are you waiting for?! COME HERE!! If you want a luxury 5 star hotel with a spa and pool, you are NOT in the right place-BUT-you will MISS OUT!!! I saw people "complaining" about various things and I can tell you the absolute truth is the things people complain about are just crazy! You are not buying the accommodation, you are not in your home, you are a visitor in most cases, to a foreign country! Adapt, improvise, overcome! ENJOY and RELAX! I will make a special mention here, my husband & I were celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary and had emailed letting them know it was a special occasion. We also asked if the hot tub was up & running. We very promptly received a reply from Michela(who is very shy and speaks VERY GOOD English!!) assuring us this would be a wonderful celebration for us! She also said they would try to get the new hot tub up & running for us-which they did!! While we were there! They went out of their way to surprise us with a HUGE cake, with the help of their daughter, Giovanna! Champagne, and even a gift-which I will always treasure and think of them when I look at and USE it! :) I cannot say enough about the Sant'Alfonso and the owners & staff. It was a picture perfect trip. I hope to return one day, or to even host Michela, Nicola, Giovann & Luigi in my own home when they are ready to visit the states!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Robinstlucia
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I stayed here with G Adventures and it was lovely, really picturesque. The owners are friendly and prepare some of the tastiest dishes ever! Great hospitality. I would return in a heartbeat!
The only area for improvement might be the mattresses which were a little harder than I'm use to but it's not enough to impact a wonderful experience at this retreat!

• Stayed: October 2013
3  Thank mary r
Also consider these accommodations in or near Furore
Hotel Bacco
#16 of 20 in Praiano
Le Marelle
Le Marelle
#2 of 21 in Furore

Been to Agriturismo Sant'Alfonso? Share your experiences!