My husband booked this hotel for a long weekend, for my birthday.
As soon as we drove up and gave the valet the keys to the car, the service was flawless.
Reception upgraded us to a huge, luxurious suite. Breathtaking views from the balcony over Lake Como. In the room there was a complimentary bottle of local prosecco chilling in a silver bucket, with a plate of fresh truffles and some flowers.
The floating pool was clean and cold, and the waiters were attentive, service was quick.
The pool side menu was full of delicious Italian dishes - parma ham and melon, buffalo mozzarella and tomato, pastas and pizzas.
Dinner at their La Terrazza restaurant was picture perfect. Again, comp prosecco, they knew it was my birthday, gave us the best table in the house. The service was impeccable. The food, was not the best I have ever eaten, BUT it was very good, served hot, not too expensive, and the whole experience, watching the sunset over the lake, made it a lovely evening.
Their pizza restaurant however - T Pizza AMAZING. One of the best 4 cheese pizzas I have ever eaten.
While we were here we visited the towns of Menaggio and Bellagio, both of which are so close by ferry, lovely bars and restaurants, great shopping, do make time to have a quick visit.
Great weekend, highly recommend this hotel. Old world luxury, fantastic service from beginning to end.
NB. Husband ordered birthday presents to be delivered to the hotel in advance and they put them in the room and set it up nicely, like Christmas Day! So love it when hotels go the extra mile.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Be part of the next century of Lake Como tradition and take in the stunning lake views at the iconic Grand Hotel Tremezzo. This art nouveau landmark, which sits adjacent to Villa Carlotta's famed gardens, just marked its 100th anniversary. In celebration, it joined forces with Maestro Gualtiero Marchesi, an icon of the Italian culinary world; taste his haute cuisine on La Terrazza's lovely terrace or in one of its 5 upscale dining venues. Its unique lakeside positioning offers unparalleled views of Bellagio, the Riviera delle Azalee and the stunning Grigne mountains. With its 100 windows overlooking either the blue waters of the lake or the flowering greenery of the garden, the hotel offers 76 elegant rooms and 12 splendid suites. Don't miss to experience the ultra-luxe new Rooftop Suites with panoramic views from terraces and outdoor Jacuzzis - A "must stay" in Lake Como. Other delectable delights: the luxurious and panoramic T Spa, offering exclusive ESPA treatments, the super private T Spa Suite, three pools - including one that floats on the lake! - And a private beach, private tours in the hotel's period Venetian motor launch, and over 5 acres of lush secular park incorporating a panoramic path, a floodlit clay tennis court, fitness and sauna. Other signature features conjure up to the unique appeal of this family-owned property, benefiting of a strategic location that blends exclusivity and proximity: Milan with its boutiques and nightlife is only 1-hour driving distance. Boasting over a century of ageless allure and traditions, the Grand Hotel Tremezzo is today a vintage symbol of Italian hospitality and a place-to-be to enjoy the flavor of real vacation. Discover a world of temptations and the unique atmosphere you'll only find at Tremezzo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Grand Hotel Tremezzo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hotel Tremezzo Palace
- Grand Hotel Tremezzo Tremezzina, Lake Como