We had a great stay here in June for 3 nights for vacation. We had previously been to Bormio where we went cycling for 3 days and were looking for some down time to relax and recover. When we pulled up, an eager employee of the hotel was ready to greet us, take our car, and our bags. The greeting and enthusiasm at check in was sub-par, as it seemed they really did not care are seem happy to see us. Maybe we come off looking like mean people and don't know it? Hey, maybe it was us? I don't know, but either way the hotel should overlook that, as we are nice people and not a bunch of snobs. We checked into our rooms and we were quite pleased with the size of our room and the view out the garden. The grounds of this hotel are top notch and it feels like a sanctuary! Very well maintained and we could not find anything wrong with the landscaping. Our favorite areas of the hotel were the pools. The floating pool on the lake is spectacular, as is the setting of the garden pool surrounded by jasmine and singing birds.
We liked the location of the hotel for catching the ferry to Bellagio and there are decent restaurants to walk to. However, outside of Bellagio, there isn't a decent gelateria nearby, but that's not the hotel's fault.
The service and food at dinner and breakfast were fantastic. One server in particular, Luigi, was quite friendly and seemed to be the most passionate about his job. He made our stay that much more enjoyable and memorable.
One downside I found is the beds were a little too firm for me. The beds felt a bit dated...
Again, the setting and beauty of Lake Como are fantastic. We found ourselves relaxed and forgetting what day of the week it was immediately after check in. Thank you!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Be part of the next century of Lake Como tradition and take in the stunning lake views at the iconic Grand Hotel Tremezzo. This art nouveau landmark, which sits adjacent to Villa Carlotta's famed gardens, just marked its 100th anniversary. In celebration, it joined forces with Maestro Gualtiero Marchesi, an icon of the Italian culinary world; taste his haute cuisine on La Terrazza's lovely terrace or in one of its 5 upscale dining venues. Its unique lakeside positioning offers unparalleled views of Bellagio, the Riviera delle Azalee and the stunning Grigne mountains. With its 100 windows overlooking either the blue waters of the lake or the flowering greenery of the garden, the hotel offers 76 elegant rooms and 12 splendid suites. Don't miss to experience the ultra-luxe new Rooftop Suites with panoramic views from terraces and outdoor Jacuzzis - A "must stay" in Lake Como. Other delectable delights: the luxurious and panoramic T Spa, offering exclusive ESPA treatments, the super private T Spa Suite, three pools - including one that floats on the lake! - And a private beach, private tours in the hotel's period Venetian motor launch, and over 5 acres of lush secular park incorporating a panoramic path, a floodlit clay tennis court, fitness and sauna. Other signature features conjure up to the unique appeal of this family-owned property, benefiting of a strategic location that blends exclusivity and proximity: Milan with its boutiques and nightlife is only 1-hour driving distance. Boasting over a century of ageless allure and traditions, the Grand Hotel Tremezzo is today a vintage symbol of Italian hospitality and a place-to-be to enjoy the flavor of real vacation. Discover a world of temptations and the unique atmosphere you'll only find at Tremezzo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Hotel Tremezzo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hotel Tremezzo Palace
- Grand Hotel Tremezzo Tremezzina, Lake Como