Arrived at the hotel and from the beginning the service was outstanding. We had a rooftop room with a jacuzzi, the room was unbelievable. The food in the a la carte restaurant was not very good. The starter was cold and did not have a lot of taste. My husband had lobster to start and that was also cold. We asked for a specific wine which they serve, but took them 20 mins to decide to tell us that they do not have any left. So we were sat there without a drink and cold starters. The main course, I had rack of lamb, very average, I think I can cook a better one at home. The food was overpriced and very bland. My husband did complain, could not understand how they can charge such prices for terrible food. So we looked outside the hotel for restaurants in Tremezzo. We booked La Darsena which is a short walk but it was pouring with rain so the hotel called us their own taxi service. Very expensive 10 euros for a very short ride. We also dined at Al Veluu which is not far from the hotel. The view is to die for. Very nice couple that run the restaurant, the husband is from Italy and the wife is from Walthamstow. The food was good, I had the pasta and my husband had steak. I do feel that staying in Lake Como the food is designed for tourists. Would of loved to have home made pasta but unfortunately could not find or be recommended anywhere. The hotel itself had lovely staff, very kind and attentive. Loved the pool on top of the lake. Just laid there and looked at the beautiful scenery. Behind the hotel there is another pool which is very well kept with a bar. If your lucky enough to have the roof top corner suite with your very own outside jacuzzi, you will not be disappointed. The view is breathtaking especially when you are sitting in the jacuzzi with a glass of champers. Overall the hotel is a good 5 star hotel. The only thing that let it down was the food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Be part of the next century of Lake Como tradition and take in the stunning lake views at the iconic Grand Hotel Tremezzo. This art nouveau landmark, which sits adjacent to Villa Carlotta's famed gardens, just marked its 100th anniversary. In celebration, it joined forces with Maestro Gualtiero Marchesi, an icon of the Italian culinary world; taste his haute cuisine on La Terrazza's lovely terrace or in one of its 5 upscale dining venues. Its unique lakeside positioning offers unparalleled views of Bellagio, the Riviera delle Azalee and the stunning Grigne mountains. With its 100 windows overlooking either the blue waters of the lake or the flowering greenery of the garden, the hotel offers 76 elegant rooms and 12 splendid suites. Don't miss to experience the ultra-luxe new Rooftop Suites with panoramic views from terraces and outdoor Jacuzzis - A "must stay" in Lake Como. Other delectable delights: the luxurious and panoramic T Spa, offering exclusive ESPA treatments, the super private T Spa Suite, three pools - including one that floats on the lake! - And a private beach, private tours in the hotel's period Venetian motor launch, and over 5 acres of lush secular park incorporating a panoramic path, a floodlit clay tennis court, fitness and sauna. Other signature features conjure up to the unique appeal of this family-owned property, benefiting of a strategic location that blends exclusivity and proximity: Milan with its boutiques and nightlife is only 1-hour driving distance. Boasting over a century of ageless allure and traditions, the Grand Hotel Tremezzo is today a vintage symbol of Italian hospitality and a place-to-be to enjoy the flavor of real vacation. Discover a world of temptations and the unique atmosphere you'll only find at Tremezzo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Hotel Tremezzo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hotel Tremezzo Palace
- Grand Hotel Tremezzo Tremezzina, Lake Como