“Friendly Staff”

Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Tremezzina
Aberdeen
“Friendly Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

As a large group we popped into the bar for a drink on our way home late at night. Apart from one other table initially, we ended up being the last table there. The staff were great, friendly and very helpful,even when we were a little loud after one too many!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank KaMac8
Valentina_De_Santis, Proprietario at Grand Hotel Tremezzo, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear KaMac8,

it was really a pleasure to have you all for a nice drink on our bar terrace to enjoy a lovely evening on Lake Como! We are always so glad to see a group of happy people and we really hope you had a great time with us.
Looking forward to welcoming back you all soon in occasion of your next visit on the lake!

All my best,

Grand Hotel Tremezzo, Lake Como

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (326)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Salt Lake City, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

Unfortunately we stayed only one night but it was a great experience. First class..and priced like it....in all respects. The atmosphere and view for both dinner and breakfast was unbeatable. The dinner food was good but not outstanding. Breakfast food and selection was excellent. Great atmosphere to have a drink and relax. Staff was very helpful and friendly. It's not really close to much (for walking) in the way of restaurants or shopping but it is a great self contained resort.The room was nicely furnished. I wish we could have stayed longer and hopefully we will return.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Carissimo AJ,

thank you so much for your wonderful feedback about your experience with us, that we really hope was great despite being too short!
We all hope to have the chance to welcome you back soon to our corner or paradise for a longer stay in order to enjoy even more all the wonderful facilities of our hotel and all the amazing beauties of fascinating Lake Como.

With all our best,

Cardiff, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

When I visited Temezzo, I paid a visit to the Grand Hotel Tremezzo and had a coffee in the restaurant. This was fine, with good service and a panoramic view..

I then paid a visit to the hotel's reception, as I wanted to know the prices for the rooms at this hotel. I asked the receptionist for the rates charged for room. The receptionist handed me a booklet about the hotel and advised me to look up the room rates on the hotel's website, as identified in the booklet. The receptionist behaved in an 'off hand' manner and gave me the impression that she was not interested in my potential custom and I felt that she was 'looking down' on me and my partner. I found her behaviour to be patronising and offensive.
I will not be recommending this hotel to any friends / colleagues.

6 Thank Peter H
Dearest Mr Peter,

I am so sorry and sad to read your negative feedback about your short experience at the Grand Hotel Tremezzo!
You should really give us another chance because it is not at all in our DNA to have 'off hand' manners or to be offensive with any of our beloved Guests, either staying with us or potentially interested in booking a room.
There was probably a misunderstanding at the moment you asked for the rates, because we do not work with fixed rates and the prices for a room can vary from one day to another, so this is for sure the reason why our receptionist suggested you to have a look at our website (without having already fixed dates in mind it is quite difficult to give precise indications of prices for our rooms).
On behalf of all our Front Desk, I ask you please to accept all our most sincere apologies for giving you the impression of not being interested in you as a potential custom. Rest assured this is not at all the case!
I really hope that I managed to change your mind about the wrong feeling you had of the Grand Hotel Tremezzo and I wish that next time you'll visit Lake Como you'll be our valued Guest in order to cocoon and pamper you and make you really experience what for us means being welcoming!

All my best,

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

My boyfriend and I visited the Grand Hotel Tremezzo in May, and had the most wonderful stay. We were made to feel like royalty by the staff, the service was impeccable, the grounds breathtaking, the rooms decadent and luxurious, and their pool is easily my favourite pool in the world! My only gripe (and I do think the hotel should address this) is- 20 euros for a side salad?!? We had pizza in the garden, and while the pizzas were reasonably priced (13-15 euros), a simple side salad (consisting of ice burg lettuce, shaved carrots and a few cherry tomatoes and nothing more- not even dressing) was TWENTY EUROS. Even the Eggs Benedict at breakfast were cheaper!

Luckily every other experience was so wonderful and we will definitely be back!

Room Tip: I highly recommend a room with a Lake View!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ast2013UK
Beaconsfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

As if Lake Como wasn’t enough on its own, the Grand Hotel is a real gem that adds even more to the wonderful experience of being there. Excellent, friendly and actually useful service from all staff (but thanks in particular to Alphonso, concierge during our stay), a fantastic restaurant for the view and the food and great amenities and ambience across the hotel and its bars and pools, but above all, a welcoming and special atmosphere that will stay with us for a long time. A real treat.

1 Thank HutchonTA
Valentina_De_Santis, Proprietario at Grand Hotel Tremezzo, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear Guest,

on behalf of the whole Team I would like to personally thank you for your welcome review. We feel very proud that you truly enjoyed your stay with us in all its aspects.

We really love to pamper all our Guests, paying attention even to the smallest detail, in order to transform a simple holiday in a unique and memorable experience…and we are really glad you appreciated it!

Hoping that this Experience in Tremezzo will remain in your heart forever, we are looking forward to welcoming you back once again!
Alfonso sends his best greetings!

Warm regards,

England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

Tremezzo is not really a destination in itself - more a stopover en route to somewhere else - but the Hotel is. Comfortable. Elegant. Friendly. Professionally run and with excellent accommodation, food and views. Bit expensive however. Pizza by the garden pool excellent !

Room Tip: The front rooms have the views but can be noisy as they are also on the road. Rear garden rooms wer...
1 Thank agedbutcool
Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

This hotel is a must for people who are seeking somewhere a little bit special. I had my wedding reception here in July 2014 for 36 people and couldn't have asked for better service.

Alberto the special events manager was fantastic and ensured our day went smoothly...nothing was too much bother. Email communication was also very good and everyone spoke very good English.

The service during the whole stay, not just the wedding reception, was second to none. I particularly want to thank Igor in the dining room.

The whole hotel, including the rooms, is very opulent. It really does have the wow factor.

The wedding cake was fantastic and they even served it for us the following day down by the pool as we didn't manage to eat it all on the day.

The spa is lovely and definitely worth a visit. The bowls of sweets by the staircase is also a very nice touch :)

I can honestly say that I had the best nights sleep here that I have ever had. The pillows are soft and comfortable, the duvet is so light and the shutters definitely kept the light out!

The breakfast buffet was fantastic and you definitely won't need to have an a la carte breakfast. There is something for everyone.

It was expensive...but definitely worth it if you're looking for luxury on lake como.

Room Tip: We paid for a mountain view room, but were given a corner room which had views of both the lake and...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Hannah M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tremezzina
Hotel La Perla
#2 of 8 in Tremezzina
Grand Hotel Imperiale
Grand Hotel Imperiale
#1 of 2 in Moltrasio

Been to Grand Hotel Tremezzo? Share your experiences!