Writing a review for this hotel is a bit tricky because there were some really good things and then there were some things that were not so good. Normally, I would have giving this 3 stars but with a good experience, it would have been a 4. But the experience that we had makes me give it a 2. Therefore, I am going to outline the pros and cons that we experienced during our stay at Bazzoni.
1. The location of the hotel is wonderful. It is right along the lake front and offers some amazing views. The boat transportation has stops right in front of the hotel. Our room was nice and spacious and we had a wonderful private terrace that again offered excellent views from the comfort of our room. It was clean as well.
2. The breakfast buffet. The buffet has a lot of options and it is wonderful to not have to go out and get your breakfast.
3. The pool and lounging areas. The pool is behind the hotel and it was nice. Also there are some other terraces where you can sit and enjoy the lake.
4. Price – Compared to many other places around the lake, this place is very reasonable.
1. The staff. My wife and I both felt that the daytime receptionist was rude and made little to no effort to make you feel welcome. She also answered all questions as briskly as possible, with a hint of irritation that you would even dare ask her a question. Additionally, while we were there, our air conditioning stopped working. The display panel was blinking at us in the room and telling us that there was an error so I was certain that the air conditioner was broken and needed to be serviced…. Not to mention it was getting hotter, and hotter, and hotter in the room. So I went down and told the receptionist that they air was broken and before I could even finish what I was saying, she cut me off and said, “the ac doesn’t work during dinner time.” Now even though I knew the ac was not working way before dinner, I couldn’t be certain that it wouldn’t come on again after dinner so I just said ok and left. Not to mention, what was I supposed to say…”no you’re lying to me”? So of course we got home after dinner, the ac was still not working. So I went back down to the reception, but there was someone different there. I told them that the ac was not working and needed to be looked at. He simply looked at me and said, “I’m sorry but there is nothing that I can do about that because there repair man is gone.” So, I understand that sometimes situations like this happen. Normally I am usually the most patient and forgiving person but the receptionist had already rubbed me the wrong way. Also, I know that the guy at the desk probably cant fix the ac any better than I can, but I don’t understand how the staff can be so unresponsive to paying customers. If you cant fix the ac, what else can you do? Could you offer me another room, a fan, a discount, a free coke…. I don’t know, show me that you at least give a dam that we are not getting what we paid for. But he did nothing, so I walked off. Then three hours passed and neither my wife nor I could sleep because it was probably close to 85 degrees in our room (we were both laying on the bed with wet towels all over us to try to cool us down). I went down to talk to the guy again. This time he was more helpful and offered us a fan… why he didn’t do this before I am not sure but at least with a fan we were able to sleep. The next morning was the morning that we were checking out. I wanted to call attention to the fact that the ac was broken and that it had been for 2 days and that I was upset with the experience that we had had. Well, the morning receptionist was back, and guess what…. She completely ignored everything that I said about the ac… literally, she just didn’t even acknowledge what I said and then made me pay the tax and that was that. TERRIBLE SERVICE.
2. The hotel was extremely loud. We were on the 1st floor but you could hear every footstep above you, every conversation in the rooms near you and every person that talked as they walked past the hotel on the street. Now this was extremely annoying and I think for some people would be something that could completely ruin your stay. Lets just say that when the people above you come in at 2 in the morning, it will wake you up unless you are in a coma…
3. They don’t offer free wifi and the paid wifi is only available in the lobby, for some reason this bothers me but for others it probably isn’t a big deal.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel Bazzoni et du Lac reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bazzoni Et Du Lac Hotel
- Hotel Bazzoni Et Du Lac Tremezzina, Lake Como