Hotel La Perla
US$816
Hotel La Darsena(Tremezzina)(Great Value!)
US$206
US$132
US$126
  • Pool
Hotel Villa Edy(Tremezzina)(Great Value!)
US$147
Travelocity
Grand Hotel Cadenabbia(Cadenabbia di Griante)
US$248
US$239
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Villa La Mirabella(Cadenabbia di Griante)(Great Value!)
US$167
Grand Hotel Britannia Excelsior(Cadenabbia di Griante)
US$177
Cancelon
San Giorgio Hotel(Tremezzina)
Hotel Villa Marie(Tremezzina)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Hotel Rusall(Tremezzina)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewstwin sisters and their husbandsshuttle busshuttle servicelake comohotel runmorning and eveningtwo couplesnothing is too much troublefriendly ownershill overlookingthe hotel offersnice poolquiet locationprivate terracewonderful hotelviews are breathtakinghotel is spotless
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 July 2011

Since my husband and I were traveling by car during our July 2011 trip to Italy, I paid special attention to parking info when I did my Tremezzo hotel research. Thank goodness I did. If you've not been there, the two-lane road that runs along the edge of the lake is very busy, and challenging to pull on/off even if you are at one of the premium hotels with garage parking. Also, some of the hotels along the lake are literally inches from the road, which has no sidewalks at all for long stretches.
Hotel la Perla is a serene oasis located up the hill from Tremezzo with great views of Lake Como. There is ample parking in a drive-up area as well as enclosed garage. Even if you don't book a room with lake view there is plenty of terrace space to sit and enjoy, also while you dine. The owners and staff are warm and welcoming and graciously answer questions and requests, and they gave us a great tip for free all-day parking close to the boat dock, as well as directions to two small neighborhood restaurants that we enjoyed. The breakfasts were good and attractively displayed (great coffee machine), and they serve light fare in the evenings. Our room was modern, well appointed and spotlessly clean. For those without car they run two shuttles per day to and from Tremezzo. Nice pool that we enjoyed on a hot day, and elevator. The only minor glitch was no internet reception in our room, we took our iPad to the lobby. They also offer a hotel computer for guest use.
Our room was on the first level (pool level) with a walkout terrace. We had to stand to see over some short hedging for a full view of the lake, but it was a pleasant terrace and we were virtually never in our room except to sleep.
I highly recommend Hotel la Perla and would stay again.

Room Tip: If you want a room with the best lake view book one on the second level; those rooms have balconies and the view in unobstructed.
Reviewed 25 July 2011

Such nice staff at this hotel! There is no restaurant but the "bar snacks" menu was good value and decent food. The room and bathroom were clean and comfortable. Bit of a small pool and small pool area - mostly in shade in the later afternoon. Lovely walk down to town on a footpath, great views, really nice and quiet.

WOW, what can I say?

I booked this hotel based on the positive reviews on this and other websites.

We had planned a six night break to Italy. The first night we stayed at an airport hotel, near Milan Malpensa. (Another great find, by reading reviews. I have posted a review of this hotel also) The next three nights were here at La Perla, and the final nights we moved into Milan.

What a lovely hotel La Perla is! Set in a quiet residential area, in the foothills overlooking Lake Como. The views are simply stunning.

We had a beautiful room, with its own patio area, overlooking the mountains and the lake. The room was well air-conditioned, very clean, with bright modern furniture.

Breakfast was a treat. It is served buffet style from within a nice sized restaurant, which had one side opened up onto the sun drenched terrace. We always ate outside every day and marvelled at the view, not wishing to rush by any means.

We ate dinner at La Perla on our first night. The owners describe the menu as ‘Snack Bar’. Well, it’s the best snack bar menu I’ve seen! Please don’t be put off by the hotel owner’s snack bar description. There were a good choice of starters, entrees and desserts.

For the other two nights, we ate at restaurants that the owners recommended, as being used by locals. Good recommendations!

The hotel is run by twin sisters and their respective husbands. All four of them made us feel very welcome. Their command of English, French, German and other languages was superb. Nothing was too much trouble for them. They were always smiling and very cheerful.

Often we were in ear-shot of the reception desk and heard many guests complimenting the owners on their wonderful hotel and the service they gave.
We are planning on returning. Next time we will be taking some friends with us, so that they can sample this lovely hotel.

My wife described these three days as a little piece of heaven, because the location, the hotel and the people were just superb!

I’m guessing that as you’ve got to this point in my review, you’ve read other reviews of this hotel also. On their website, the hotel description is very good. The hotel is also well described on other sites too. How some guests fail to realise that this hotel is not in the centre of town, and therefore criticise it for its location, is beyond me. These people appear to be competent at writing a negative review after they’ve stayed here, without properly reading a review before they choose this hotel. All strange to me!

Room Tip: Quite a number of rooms overlook the lake. These are definitely worth having!
Reviewed 24 July 2011

From the long list of great reviews we were expecting a really nice place to stay for our first visit to Lake Como. The view is incredible from this place as you can see from all the pictures. Unfortunately the hotel doesn't match the view. The rooms are very small, outdated, and un-inviting. Breakfast was good with a great place to eat overlooking the lake. The owners were very friendly and helpful. Because the actual room is the most important part of the hotel, I don't see how I could rate higher than a 3.

5  Thank cybeerkeg
Reviewed 24 July 2011

This was my sixth time at Como lake !
I have experienced earlier also 5 star hotels services and prices in Lake Como .but now we found with our family the real pearl with 6 star personal service at La Perla Hotel in Tremezzo .
Im on service branch but I have never experienced such a friendly service and great help in guiding and driving us around
La Perla hotel is very cozy ,clean stylish rooms, looks like brand new with great lake views and high commitment in service
10 points recommendation for a vacation where you like to combine great views ,Italian food and lake islands like Bellagio etc

brgds jukka