My wife and I visited this hotel over the Christmas period. I was a little concerned as to what to expect after reading the comments for the hotel. My own views are: The hotel situation, decor, bedrooms and overall ambiance are excellent. We were in room 600 on the top floor with views over the lake, (Tower crane) and the surrounding hills. Those booking through Shearings should upgrade at the hotel as Shearings upgrade chargers are higher although in the 2014 brochure they are more inline with the hotels charges. Our biggest gripe was the quality and seclection of the food, very limited in both cases, Do not be influenced by other comments saying it was good that it definitely was not. Limited choice and poorly cooked, Although most of our time at the resort was spent under low lying cloud even so the area has a beauty all its own.
We went on a number of bus trips with Shearings while there visiting Bergamo, Lugano Milan and Como all well worth it. Unfortunately our trip on the Bernina Express was cancelled due to bad weather. Would we go to this hotel again NO, mainly because of the food
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Britannia Excelsior is set on the shores of Lake Como and is a former 19th-century inn. The beautiful guest rooms are tastefully decorated with luxury fabrics and antique furniture. The hotel boasts four bars four restaurants and two swimming pools open seasonally.RnrnJust 50 metres from the Cadenabbia landing dock, the Britannia Excelsior offers free parking and beautiful views of Bellagio. RnrnThe centre of Griante is a 10 minutes' walk away. Free public parking is available near the swimming pool. All rooms at the Britannia Excelsior Hotel are equipped with satellite TV and private bathroom with shower and hairdryer. Some rooms overlook the lake and some even have a balcony. RnrnFree Wi-Fi is available in the public areas and breakfast is a continental-style buffet available daily in the main restaurant. Both the buffet-style restaurant and the a la carte, lakeside restaurant specialise in classic Italian and international cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Hotel Britannia Excelsior reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Britannia Excelsior Hotel
- Hotel Britannia Excelsior Cadenabbia
- Grand Hotel Britannia Excelsior Lake Como/Cadenabbia Di Griante, Italy