We were booked in for a week on arrival we had a very nice room at the side of the hotel with a view across the lake after are first shower a very pungent sewage smell came from up from the pipes, we complained the the next morning and they said they would sort it out. On arrival back from a day trip where we were lead to believe the ferry was free to bellagio when it wasn't - not until the summer and we had to pay 9 euros each which made a few crossings very expensive over the week as there is very little to do in Cadenabbia with one shop a bar and one restaurant close by. I did notice on my return from Bellagio workers outside the hotel down in the sewage system which I thought was efficient as I only complained in the morning, on returning to our room we bumped into the cleaner who gave us a can of air freshener to mask the smell. After spending another sleepless night in the room due to the sewage smell, I was starting to feel very unwell with respiratory problems. I went back to reception and told them I would not be staying in that room and need to be moved elsewhere or to a different hotel. The only good thing was the hotel owner offered me a new room which was upgraded to the front of the hotel as far as possible to where the original smell came from which is on the right hand side of the hotel, I did hear many other customers complain about the smell and also a couple in our party was also moved due to the smell. Further more the all inclusive drinks in the hotel were very poor and the food was mediocre. Finally the evening entertainment was absolutely a joke some guy playing a electronic organ singing very badly I was disappointed they didn't get the bingo out as it felt like I was staying in a turkey and tinsel hotel in Blackpool.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Britannia Excelsior is set on the shores of Lake Como and is a former 19th-century inn. The beautiful guest rooms are tastefully decorated with luxury fabrics and antique furniture. The hotel boasts four bars four restaurants and two swimming pools open seasonally.RnrnJust 50 metres from the Cadenabbia landing dock, the Britannia Excelsior offers free parking and beautiful views of Bellagio. RnrnThe centre of Griante is a 10 minutes' walk away. Free public parking is available near the swimming pool. All rooms at the Britannia Excelsior Hotel are equipped with satellite TV and private bathroom with shower and hairdryer. Some rooms overlook the lake and some even have a balcony. RnrnFree Wi-Fi is available in the public areas and breakfast is a continental-style buffet available daily in the main restaurant. Both the buffet-style restaurant and the a la carte, lakeside restaurant specialise in classic Italian and international cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Grand Hotel Britannia Excelsior reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Britannia Excelsior Hotel
- Hotel Britannia Excelsior Cadenabbia
- Grand Hotel Britannia Excelsior Lake Como/Cadenabbia Di Griante, Italy