Coming back after such a lengthy absence we were pleasantly surprised that the only thing that had changed was the extension to the dining room which was much needed.The views over the lake when dining were perfect.On arrival with Shearings Holidays our luggage was portered to our room.We decided the room was clean but a little small so we enquired about changing it and the receptionist Jeanette offered us a front balcony room for a small surcharge.This was kept clean and tidy for us by our maid.The food was buffet style and there were dishes to suit all palates.As the break was all inclusive we were served an acceptable house wine with our meals.Tea,coffee and other drinks were available in the downstairs bar all day but if you go before the summer and have to stay in the hotel in the evening the bar can get very noisy due to volume of people and the promised entertainment is lacking enjoyment.The staff in this hotel work hard and are very friendly.This hotel was the venue for our first holiday together and we returned to celebrate a special birthday for me.We were not disappointed and enjoyed the company of the many people we met throughout our journey with Shearings.Just to say also,now the management have finished the Hotel lido opposite the hotel,those of you taking a summer break here should really enjoy the warm evenings by the lake.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Britannia Excelsior is set on the shores of Lake Como and is a former 19th-century inn. The beautiful guest rooms are tastefully decorated with luxury fabrics and antique furniture. The hotel boasts four bars four restaurants and two swimming pools open seasonally.RnrnJust 50 metres from the Cadenabbia landing dock, the Britannia Excelsior offers free parking and beautiful views of Bellagio. RnrnThe centre of Griante is a 10 minutes' walk away. Free public parking is available near the swimming pool. All rooms at the Britannia Excelsior Hotel are equipped with satellite TV and private bathroom with shower and hairdryer. Some rooms overlook the lake and some even have a balcony. RnrnFree Wi-Fi is available in the public areas and breakfast is a continental-style buffet available daily in the main restaurant. Both the buffet-style restaurant and the a la carte, lakeside restaurant specialise in classic Italian and international cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Grand Hotel Britannia Excelsior reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Britannia Excelsior Hotel
- Hotel Britannia Excelsior Cadenabbia
- Grand Hotel Britannia Excelsior Lake Como/Cadenabbia Di Griante, Italy