As this was our first 'Shearing's Coach Holiday' we were
more than a little apprehensive. We tried to view it as an
adventure and something new. This, it certainly was, from
stepping onto the coach the Shearing staff took control
Darrell & Dave were our drivers, their genuine friendly
caring and jovial manner continued throughout the whole
trip. Not forgetting the very interesting History and
experiences they relayed. The excursions especially
The Bernine Express were absolutely wonderful
and certainly NOT to be missed. Once again
I never once felt anxious 'Shearing' staff dealt with
all our concerns,with constant patience, delivering
instructions in a clear understandable way. All of
this added to a great memorable day.
The Hotel was lovely, fine for the 'Great Value'
Holiday it was clean, bright and spacious.
Smoking during the night set off the alarms and
caused some controversy, but was quickly
sorted and dealt with the next day. This can and
does happen at times due to selfishness.
We did like many others pay the extra for a room
with a view also at a very reasonable price.
i will recommend this holiday to anyone who
can cope with the long journey...over all it was
Fantastic. but I would like to add the great
bunch of people we shared our holiday with made
it a holiday to remember. Good fun with lots of
laughs....PRICELESS !! Thank you Shearings
it will certainly not be my first!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Britannia Excelsior is set on the shores of Lake Como and is a former 19th-century inn. The beautiful guest rooms are tastefully decorated with luxury fabrics and antique furniture. The hotel boasts four bars four restaurants and two swimming pools open seasonally.RnrnJust 50 metres from the Cadenabbia landing dock, the Britannia Excelsior offers free parking and beautiful views of Bellagio. RnrnThe centre of Griante is a 10 minutes' walk away. Free public parking is available near the swimming pool. All rooms at the Britannia Excelsior Hotel are equipped with satellite TV and private bathroom with shower and hairdryer. Some rooms overlook the lake and some even have a balcony. RnrnFree Wi-Fi is available in the public areas and breakfast is a continental-style buffet available daily in the main restaurant. Both the buffet-style restaurant and the a la carte, lakeside restaurant specialise in classic Italian and international cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Hotel Britannia Excelsior reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Britannia Excelsior Hotel
- Hotel Britannia Excelsior Cadenabbia
- Grand Hotel Britannia Excelsior Lake Como/Cadenabbia Di Griante, Italy