Stayed for a week at this hotel. The location is excellent, the Dining Room is very nice, the floating lido pool is also extremely good although the water was so cold that my wife and I were probably the only people to swim in it that week.
The Rooms although small (we had a deluxe with balcony) were OK, the bed was comfortable, but there was a shortage of drawer space. The accessories (soap etc.) were cheap.
We stayed "All Inclusive" the range of local spirits was OK (although I do tend to like a bit of edge to my spirits, and these didn't disappoint). The wine was OK at times. The included breakfast coffee and coffee from the machines were poor, but the coffee purchased from the bar was fine. The bar itself was dreadful (I understand it used to a indoor swimming pool). It was a horrible "L" shaped layout, poor décor, and lacked atmosphere.
Finally I come to the food. It was buffet style, and I really don't believe that it provided a true "Taste of Italy". The salads were not too bad, but the meat dishes were a bit bland. The pizzas, in my opinion, were equivalent to supermarket quality.
In summary; our All inclusive deal was inexpensive, and this reflected in the food, having said this, we enjoyed the holiday, and thought that overall, it was reasonable value
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Britannia Excelsior is set on the shores of Lake Como and is a former 19th-century inn. The beautiful guest rooms are tastefully decorated with luxury fabrics and antique furniture. The hotel boasts four bars four restaurants and two swimming pools open seasonally.RnrnJust 50 metres from the Cadenabbia landing dock, the Britannia Excelsior offers free parking and beautiful views of Bellagio. RnrnThe centre of Griante is a 10 minutes' walk away. Free public parking is available near the swimming pool. All rooms at the Britannia Excelsior Hotel are equipped with satellite TV and private bathroom with shower and hairdryer. Some rooms overlook the lake and some even have a balcony. RnrnFree Wi-Fi is available in the public areas and breakfast is a continental-style buffet available daily in the main restaurant. Both the buffet-style restaurant and the a la carte, lakeside restaurant specialise in classic Italian and international cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with 5viajes2012 S.L., Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and Ebookers so you can book your Grand Hotel Britannia Excelsior reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Britannia Excelsior Hotel
- Hotel Britannia Excelsior Cadenabbia
- Grand Hotel Britannia Excelsior Lake Como/Cadenabbia Di Griante, Italy