Hotel Relax Torreruja Thalasso & Spa
Hotel Gabbiano(Isola Rossa)
  • Beachfront
Hotel Corallo(Isola Rossa)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Marinedda Thalasso & SPA(Isola Rossa)
View Hotel
Hotel Costa Paradiso(Trinita d'Agultu e Vignola)
View Hotel
La Piana(Trinita d'Agultu e Vignola)
Ariadimari Hotel(Valledoria)
Marina Manna(Valledoria)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsrooftop restauranton the rocksfishpool areapastarelaxing holidaysunbathing platformsreception staffsmall villagewithin easy walking distancebeautiful locationevery eveningbars and restaurantsrestaurant managerplenty of sunbedslife guardsentertainment every night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 June 2012

We've just got back from spending a week here. We had a really fantastic time and both agreed that it was one of the best holidays we've been on. The setting of the hotel is beautiful, with clear blue sea contrasting with the red rock of the cliffs wonderfully, and the sunsets are unforgettable. On our second night we got engaged whilst watching the sun set over the water- an absolutely perfect setting.

The hotel staff were extremely friendly and helpful. On the first night our shower didn't work so we were transferred to a better room, and the following night upgraded to a room with a sea view. This was a really nice touch and more than outweighed the inconvenience on the first night. We were a little disappointed that the restaurant under the stars wasn't open for our stay- however in the end this really didn't matter as the buffet food was fantastic and we ate extremely well each night. We had a day at the spa with the 'happiness for two' package, which included a lovely massage and use of the spa facilities. The only downside was that the spa pools were a little cold. We hired a car for our stay and would definitely recommend this, as there isn't much to do in isola rossa and we like exploring different areas.
Overall- definitely book this hotel, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Ruth1986
Reviewed 31 May 2012

I spent a long week-end at the Torreruja with family and friends in May 2012. We all had a great time. The surrounding landscape is breathtaking; there are many options for nice walks and many excursions to the islands and to Corsica are at hand. The hotel itself is built in a way that respects and preserves the environment: the standard rooms are like little holiday houses, each with either a small patio, or a balcony. Paying a bit more one can have a bigger room, such as the suites, I would specially recommend those with sea view... The hotel staff was very kind, friendly, always with a smile and ready to fulfill our requests. A special mention goes to the Director, and the Maitre, really charming! I had no time to visit the Spa, I will definitely go back!

Room Tip: if you can, go for the room with sea view
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank fs10ya
Reviewed 31 May 2012

I highly recommend this hotel. Relaxing, peaceful, with stunning location, excellent food, convenient access to village & shops. I normally regard accommodation as a place to sleep, but Hotel Torrerruja was just so fantastic I did not feel any urge to wander away from it! If you are looking for discos and night life, then this is not your place. But if you want a place to relax, then nothing will do better. The SPA is just great, ideal for a cloudy day.
The Hotel staff is extremely friendly and ready to help. I was at Torreruja a couple of times, the first time in May 2004 and then again in September 2009 and more recently (May 2012) on the occasion of a small meeting. I must say that year after year the Hotel as improved in terms of quality of service. The Hotel Director and his staff are doing a wonderful job! The only draw back could be that once such an high standard is set, then it will be not so easy to find anywhere else this good! The company Delphina, who owns the Hotel, has however a few more hotels and resorts in Sardinia, so check them out!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank annamaria_rome
Reviewed 31 May 2012

I have been at Torreruja for four times now on different occasions since 2009; initially to participate to a conference, then twice with my partner and finally just a week ago (May 2012) with a group of friend. I have also been in other Delphina resorts (Marinedda and Valle dell’Erica), but somehow I prefer the Torreruja.
In each occasion I have appreciated the continuous effort to make of a beautiful location an outstanding vacation, and this, no doubt, has to be credited to the Director and his staff. Everybody is very professional and friendly, with just the right touch of ‘warmness’ typical of Italians.
The food is very good, and particularly the served dinners are a refined cross-over of local ingredients and recipes with a stylish presentation. A complete wine menu is available (with a wide range of Sardinian wines).
The rooms are fine (I stayed on a master suite with the sea view which was absolutely breathtaking) and the surrounding green areas release Mediterranean scents everywhere, especially in early mornings and evenings. The sea is reachable either via a short path which lead to a series of timber platforms or from the beach (10 minutes away).
Absolutely unmissable is the evening ‘aperitivo’ either around the sea-water pool or in the terrace while admiring the sunset and the medieval tower.
The bar serves a wide range of wines and liqueurs, but to accompany my Cubans I particularly appreciated the nice selection of single malts.
I will definitely come back!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank CapitanoJack
Reviewed 4 April 2012

We stayed in a villa on the grounds of the Torreruja hotel last summer as part of our honeymoon. We had 4 nights in Palau and then a week in Isola Rossa, followed by 4 nights in Alghero.

I have to say that the week spent in Isola Rossa was our favourite part by far.
We really liked the location of the town on a small peninsula and it was the perfect size for us.
Both of the beaches were great and the bars and restaurants provided ample entertainment.

We picked up some fizz from the supermarket at 3 euros a bottle and polished these off each night watching the sun set from our balcony.

It is a great spot to explore from as it isn't actually that far away from the Costa Smeralda or Alghero but seemed quiet enough that it wouldn't be overcrowded.

The pool area and bar were nice but we didn't manage to eat at the hotel as the rroftop restaurant hadn't opened yet and the evening meals were set and the night we fancied popping in didn't have the greatest menu.

We recieved complemetary entry to the spa and enjoyed a few mornings and afternoons there. Althoug it wasn't massive we were often the only ones there.

All in all we thoroughtly enjoyed our stay.

Overall i would