Brezza d'Estate
  • Bar/Lounge
US$98
US$94
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 April 2011

So, pictures do lie? Oh yes, It´s my believe. When I first stumbled upon Brezza d´Estate on the net my thoughts where "so, whats wrong with this place, hey?". Fabolous view, everything you need in a arms reach and a price-tag for the economy challenged. Driving the challenging roads my thoughts went far out what I could expect upon my arrival. Guided by my trusted navigator my first thoughts was that the view should be somewhat narrowed by the usual "if you lean out a half a mile or so you can get a glimpse of something else than a concrete-house and their twins" . Turned out I was totally wrong... There is absolutely nothing wrong except the pictures don´t do justice at all. Believe me when I say its breathtaking.
Resided upon the peak of Valderice it´s in fact spectacular. I have some picture to prove it but I might need those fore future negotiations with Mr Sergio Mazzaro so I will with-hold them for you, so sorry!
When you come to Sicily you will find that a car is absolutely necessary to get around at all, take the smallest you can find and you´ll be perfectly happy with it. Since Brezza d´Estate is situated in the mountains and a beach hotel would give you everything you crave for you probably wonder why you should even consider Brezza ´Estate at all? I´ll give you the answer. You will always need the car for getting around. Whether you find it challenging to stay on a beach an entire vacation you still need to do some shopping(or cultural blemish). If you plan your holiday by yourself check out Sicily on a map. Then you know.
Cleaning and service? If its better for double the price just let me know.
This place is gem.
ps, if you are into nightlife and clubs...just forget it. This is not for you. Go to Palermo if you must. This is for those who need to relax a little and experience the true Sicily.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank linuslindstrom
Reviewed 10 April 2011

We really liked the location with beautiful views. Very clean rooms, bathroom and kitchen. Very comfortable beds, super clean linens and blankets. Very well equipped kitchen.
The service was very friendly, welcoming, family-like hospitality. We felt safe and well taken care of. If we had any problem or question, it was answered and solved immediately!
Our family had a great time in Brezza d'Estate visiting amazing places in the province of Trapani - ancient temples, salt pans, natural reserves, medieval town of Erice, etc.
The location was easy to travel to these places.
We highly recommend it to everyone who would like to spend some time in paradise!!!

Room Tip: Don't go to Palermo by car! Get a bus :)
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Lilinek
Reviewed 2 March 2011

We staid in this beautiful "Sicily Home" last year in June. All that I can say is only positive and we would go back there. It is like you see in the pictures- clean rooms, beautiful house, stunning view. No unpleasant "surprises". The host is friendly, not pushy at all, gives you tips where to go and what to visit that your stay in this island would be full of good emotions. If you rent a car then it´s perfect place to stay and visit places that is´t not far away (Erice, Trapani, San Vito de Capo, Marsala). Thank you Sergio!
Sisters form Estonia

• Stayed: June 2010
1  Thank Tuule13
vacanzeagroericino, Proprietario at Brezza d'Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2011

Ciao M. & M. !

Hope you are well.

Thank you for the time you have spent in sharing your experience about your stay in "Brezza d’Estate" and your holiday in Sicily, but above all thank you very much for your kind words .

I agree with your advice to hire a car to visit and appreciate a lot of places of interest in the surroundings . Overall driving in Sicily is not that difficult , at least when you are outside big cities like Palermo or Catania ;-)

It was a pleasure meeting both of you and I hope to see you again in the near future.
I wish you all the best !

Sergio Mazzara

Reviewed 25 October 2010

We just came back from a nice autumn trip to sicily. in trapani we stayed in valderice at brezza d'estate which is located about 20 min from trapani and 15 min from erice in a residential area a few minutes by car from the main street of valderice. the town itself is not such a pretty one, but a very good location for nice outings in the area (marsala, trapani, erice, vito lo capo, zangaro, castelmare etc.) and not too far from the beach. it is a quiet neighbourhood and the hillside location offers a great sea view. the appartments are well equipped, spacious and nicely decorated. the beds are comfortable, all is nice and new. the garden and terrasse sourroundings are very well maintained. there is even a laundry room which is very helpful with little kids. sergio is an easy going, friendly and helpful host. the only thing which i did not like so much is the fact that it is quite full if all appartments are rented. when we were there it was only 2 families which was very nice. on our last night, the top appartment was also rented and it was very noisy. you could hear the people walk, the water running and almost hear the people speak - but this is italian way of construction. so overall i would definitely come again for a few days, perhaps stay on the top floor... ;-).

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank worldtrip2002
Reviewed 14 July 2010

We spent a week in this lovely accommodation with stunning views of the coast. We used it as a base camp for daily climbing adventures in the surroundings. It is very conveniently located to explore this northwest corner of the island and only about 40 min drive from the airport.

Sergio, the owner, was really nice and helpful, always keen to share his knowledge of this amazing part of the world.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple