Review Highlights
Delicious....

My wife and I decided last minute to sign up for Taste Tuscany on our honeymoon. Lesley was very... read more

Reviewed 20 October 2018
MattD4110
Well Worth Your Time and Your Money

My wife was really looking forward to a genuine cooking experience in Tuscany. We found Lesley's... read more

Reviewed 3 October 2018
Bruce K
Saint Louis, Missouri

All reviews gnocchi cooking class learning how course meal menu choices lesley's kitchen italian cook pork tenderloin goat cheese patio overlooking fabulous meal torte cooking experience pici my wife and i regional wines torta della nonna
Reviewed 17 October 2012

We've been renting a house outisde Siena, so arranged for Lesley and her fabulous cook, Theresa, to come and do an evening cooking lesson for the four of us. Likely one of the best evenings of our trip - we had so much fun. Cooked a 5 course meal, and everything was really really wonderful. Lesley and Theresa were super knowledgeable, didn't rush us, really made the entire evening perfect. And while we cooked and ate, the dishes and everything were all washed and spotless. We wanted to do again tonight, but had other plans! highly recommend Taste Tuscany.

Date of experience: October 2012
Reviewed 26 July 2012

Called to arrange the tour; but the owner is no longer doing wine tours; just the cooking programs.
Tried to arrange one but they were all booked up. Too bad as they look good.

Date of experience: July 2012
2  Thank Praxus
Reviewed 24 June 2012

My wife and I recently took a private wine tour with Lesley to taste wines from the Tuscany region of Italy. We visited Altesino Winery for Brunello wine in Montalcino and Villa S. Anna Winery for Nobile in Montepulciano. Between tastings Lesley had arranged a stop at a local honey producer and lunch at a rustic working farm along with a short stroll through the city center of Montalcino. We enjoyed the overall experience of visiting each place all the while learning about the different regulations that must be followed to produce wine in Italy. However, we were disappointed in the lack of energy and enthusiasm from Lesley during the tour throughout the day. She seemed tired and distracted and was "flat" most of the day we spent with her. I dont enjoy writing reviews like this but for the money your guide should be up beat, enthusiastic, and glad to be showing the guests around.

Date of experience: June 2012
1  Thank Rob S
Reviewed 8 June 2012

Lesley treated us to a wonderful day in the Montalcino region of Tuscany. My husband and I, and one other lovely woman, joined Lesley as she drove us to several Brunello wineries. One was large and the tour guide provided us very interesting information about the winery business and walked us through each stage of the process, finishing off with a wine tasting (we came home with a case). We then visited a small winery and were treated to wine, cheese and local yummies by the owner. Our final stop was a farm where we dined on wonderful food made fresh on the farm.

I highly recommend contacting Lesley at Taste of Tuscany and arraning a private, or semi-private tour. You won't be disappointed.

Date of experience: May 2012
Reviewed 26 May 2012

I had a wonderful day with Leslie and Theresa in Leslie's kitchen learning how to make pasta and wonderful desserts. Leslie was so wonderful, friendly and knowledgeable. I would recommend this to anyone. I hope to be back in a few years and will bring others with me. I aslo went on a wine tasting and lunch tour and found that to be wonderful as well. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.......Marion

Date of experience: May 2012