Review Highlights
Delicious....

My wife and I decided last minute to sign up for Taste Tuscany on our honeymoon. Lesley was very... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
MattD4110
Well Worth Your Time and Your Money

My wife was really looking forward to a genuine cooking experience in Tuscany. We found Lesley's... read more

Reviewed 3 October 2018
Bruce K
Saint Louis, Missouri

All reviews gnocchi cooking class learning how menu choices lesley's kitchen italian cook pork tenderloin goat cheese patio overlooking torte cooking experience my wife and i regional wines ribollita leisurely lunch torta della nonna week trip
Reviewed 13 June 2013

My husband & I had such an incredible day with Lesley! This was back in September 2012 (Lesley, sorry for the delay in getting this review posted). We stayed in Montalcino and Lesley picked us up for a nearly full day in her kitchen. We made everything from foccacia to ravioli to gnocchi and then got to eat it all with some incredible wine parings from the region. Lesley is English and coached the class but the real cooking was with her lovely Italian chef who was an absolute delight! We were also with another couple which made for a really fun and tasty day. We were sent home with recipes and can't wait to try them out. Thanks Lesley!

Reviewed 4 November 2012

My husband and I had the most enjoyable day with Lesley. Lesley went out of her way to pick us up at our hotel (we never would have found her home on our own). The first part of the day we cooked a fabulous meal in her kitchen with Teresa. Usually Lesley's cooking classes are for very small groups, but my husband and I just happened to be her only students that day. My husband had no cooking experience, but he felt right at home with Lesley and Teresa. After cooking, we enjoyed the meal outside on Lesley's terrace with red and white wine. Everything looked so colorful and tasted delicious!!! Lesley provided us with a booklet of all the recipes. My husband and I can't wait to duplicate the dishes at home. Our next stop was the Altesino winery in Montalcino. The landscape was so beautiful and we had a private tour with Melissa. Afterwards we were able to taste the wine. Of course we shipped home a lot of wine! Lesley then drove us back to our hotel. It was a full and wonderful day. Our next trip to Tuscany will certainly include one of Lesley's tours. My husband said it was one of the highlights of our trip and he has an interest in taking more cooking lessons.

Laurie and Stuart
Chicago, IL
October 11, 2012

Reviewed 17 October 2012

We've been renting a house outisde Siena, so arranged for Lesley and her fabulous cook, Theresa, to come and do an evening cooking lesson for the four of us. Likely one of the best evenings of our trip - we had so much fun. Cooked a 5 course meal, and everything was really really wonderful. Lesley and Theresa were super knowledgeable, didn't rush us, really made the entire evening perfect. And while we cooked and ate, the dishes and everything were all washed and spotless. We wanted to do again tonight, but had other plans! highly recommend Taste Tuscany.

Reviewed 26 July 2012

Called to arrange the tour; but the owner is no longer doing wine tours; just the cooking programs.
Tried to arrange one but they were all booked up. Too bad as they look good.

2  Thank Praxus
Reviewed 24 June 2012

My wife and I recently took a private wine tour with Lesley to taste wines from the Tuscany region of Italy. We visited Altesino Winery for Brunello wine in Montalcino and Villa S. Anna Winery for Nobile in Montepulciano. Between tastings Lesley had arranged a stop at a local honey producer and lunch at a rustic working farm along with a short stroll through the city center of Montalcino. We enjoyed the overall experience of visiting each place all the while learning about the different regulations that must be followed to produce wine in Italy. However, we were disappointed in the lack of energy and enthusiasm from Lesley during the tour throughout the day. She seemed tired and distracted and was "flat" most of the day we spent with her. I dont enjoy writing reviews like this but for the money your guide should be up beat, enthusiastic, and glad to be showing the guests around.

1  Thank Rob S