Review Highlights
An experience you can re-live with your friends at home

The four of us spent a day in Lesley's charming country kitchen. Under her guidance and that of a... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
sharlandouglas
Royal Oak, Michigan
Delicious....

My wife and I decided last minute to sign up for Taste Tuscany on our honeymoon. Lesley was very... read more

Reviewed 20 October 2018
MattD4110

All reviews tiramisu cooking class pork tenderloin learning how back porch pasta course meal menu choices lesley's kitchen pancetta patio overlooking cooking experience pici my wife and i regional wines fabulous food other travelers
Reviewed 1 October 2013

My sister in law and I took this class in September 2013 and it was the most amazing experience of our 3 country, 2 week trip! Because booked the day first we were able to set the menu, which was ideal because I can't eat dairy (in Italy--boo!) We made crostini with mushrooms, pappa y pomodoro soup, homemade pici pasta with a spicy tomato sauce, bacon crusted breaded pork filet, caprese salad and an apricot crostada. It was one of the best meals I've ever eaten--and now I can make it all myself! The Italian cook was lovely, even though she spoke zero English. Lesley provided all the translation that was needed (which wasn't a ton--you can learn a lot with just hand motions) and we all participated fully. We chopped, grated, rolled, kneaded, stirred, etc. All the food was delicious, but simple enough for someone to make at home. It changed how I view lots of food because now I know the value of fresh, good ingredients. I'll never buy dry pasta again!
The food was amazing, but the environment was what made the day. It was fun! The great Aussies we were cooking with were fun, and we felt like we were at a party with our friends. Lesley's kitchen was charming and she fostered the conversation and just made it all seem more fun. Our hubbys came back for lunch (only 10 euro each) and we all sat and ate and drank wine on the back porch with amazing views. All and all an amazing day and a spectacular value. I looked at many classes in the area and all were much more expensive. This was perfect for us!
The only bad part of the day was getting there--Lesley doesn't exactly live on the beaten path. She picks up guests in a 10 km area, but we were in Montepulciano so we drove. Getting there took forever because we got lost--though we did see a lot of beautiful country on the way.
If you're looking for a cooking class, you found it. It was amazing. Do it!

Date of experience: September 2013
1  Thank sciarella
Reviewed 26 September 2013

We just finished a great day in Lesley's kitchen. The pace is relaxed, everyone gets to participate. In addition, the food was sooooo good it is hard to believe we made it all together. If you have the time, are interested in food, and want to learn, this was a great way to spend the day. I would recommend this highly.

Date of experience: September 2013
Reviewed 13 June 2013

My husband & I had such an incredible day with Lesley! This was back in September 2012 (Lesley, sorry for the delay in getting this review posted). We stayed in Montalcino and Lesley picked us up for a nearly full day in her kitchen. We made everything from foccacia to ravioli to gnocchi and then got to eat it all with some incredible wine parings from the region. Lesley is English and coached the class but the real cooking was with her lovely Italian chef who was an absolute delight! We were also with another couple which made for a really fun and tasty day. We were sent home with recipes and can't wait to try them out. Thanks Lesley!

Date of experience: September 2012
Reviewed 4 November 2012

My husband and I had the most enjoyable day with Lesley. Lesley went out of her way to pick us up at our hotel (we never would have found her home on our own). The first part of the day we cooked a fabulous meal in her kitchen with Teresa. Usually Lesley's cooking classes are for very small groups, but my husband and I just happened to be her only students that day. My husband had no cooking experience, but he felt right at home with Lesley and Teresa. After cooking, we enjoyed the meal outside on Lesley's terrace with red and white wine. Everything looked so colorful and tasted delicious!!! Lesley provided us with a booklet of all the recipes. My husband and I can't wait to duplicate the dishes at home. Our next stop was the Altesino winery in Montalcino. The landscape was so beautiful and we had a private tour with Melissa. Afterwards we were able to taste the wine. Of course we shipped home a lot of wine! Lesley then drove us back to our hotel. It was a full and wonderful day. Our next trip to Tuscany will certainly include one of Lesley's tours. My husband said it was one of the highlights of our trip and he has an interest in taking more cooking lessons.

Laurie and Stuart
Chicago, IL
October 11, 2012

Date of experience: October 2012
Reviewed 17 October 2012

We've been renting a house outisde Siena, so arranged for Lesley and her fabulous cook, Theresa, to come and do an evening cooking lesson for the four of us. Likely one of the best evenings of our trip - we had so much fun. Cooked a 5 course meal, and everything was really really wonderful. Lesley and Theresa were super knowledgeable, didn't rush us, really made the entire evening perfect. And while we cooked and ate, the dishes and everything were all washed and spotless. We wanted to do again tonight, but had other plans! highly recommend Taste Tuscany.

Date of experience: October 2012