“Memorable day!”
Review of Taste Tuscany

Taste Tuscany
More attraction details
Owner description: Cooking Lessons - Learn to cook traditional Tuscan recipes including home made pasta - under the guidance of experienced Tuscan cooks. A very hands on experience for cooks of all levels. Big choice of menus.
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My husband and I were on our honeymoon in tuscany in May. I have always wanted to learn to cook italian so husband "forced" himself to join me. We were told there would be another couple doing the course on the day.
Lesley picked us all up from our accommodations to arrive at her place for the course. We had her and a nice italian lady (doesn't really speak English) to teach us to do a 3 course meal (we are still doing it now we are back home by the way). The meal was brilliant, and it was so nice to meet the other couple and we all sat around after the cooking to eat the food, enjoy the brilliant wine and to have a chat.
After 3 weeks in Italy it was just so lovely to meet other travellers, and to meet Lesley - she was able to give us a different perspective (English person living in Italy).
All in all it was such a great day, and one of our favourite memories of Italy (even husband agreed!!!)

Date of experience: May 2014
"regional wines"
"other travelers"
"leisurely lunch"

Reviewed 6 June 2014

We had a fabulous day with Lesley and Paula! We made a 5 course meal that we selected and enjoyed every minute of the day! Lesley and Paula made it fun and interesting and while Paula doesn't speak English, she is very entertaining and gets her point across! We enjoyed our creation on a beautiful terrace and the wines that were selected were perfect for our meal. Lesley picked us up and dropped us back at the hotel making the whole day an experience we will never forget! This is a must do activity for all travellers who enjoy the food and wines of the Tuscany region! Thank you Lesley and Paula for giving us a day we will never forget. Grazie!

Date of experience: June 2014
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We had a very memorable day of cooking and eating Classic Tuscan dishes. Leslie, the owner led the session that was instructed by Paula who is a card carrying Tuscan Nonna. We made bruschetta, gnocchi along with a very delicious Brunello braised beef stew and many other delicacies.

My fiancée and I picked the menu and participated in the cooking of everything at Leslie's home in rural tuscany not far from montalcino. We walks away with a recipe book, quenched appetites and a lot of great memories. I would definitely do that again and recommend others to try it also.

Date of experience: June 2014
2  Thank M5218AZandrewb
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Booked the cooking lesson with lunch for my birthday while we were in the area and I couldn't have wished for better way to spend my birthday.

The course is taught by a British woman - Lesley - who has been living in Tuscany for the last decade, with help from a a Tuscan woman - Paula - who, although not being able to speak any English quite happily talks away (an added benefit of some language practice while you're cooking).

We cooked la Riboleta (tuscan bean soup), tricolore gnocchi, filetto incrosta, caprese salad and tiramisu. The course was very much hands on and the course leaders only stepped in to demonstrate a technique or help if we were struggling with a particular step.

Lesley and Paula were both lovely and the meal was delicious. It was accompanied by some great local wines and great conversation. We had a wonderful time and would definitely recommend to anyone that enjoys cooking or eating.

Date of experience: May 2014
2  Thank Ty H
See more reviews
Reviewed 15 March 2014

My husband and I took the cooking class with Lesley and Paula last July but have only just got round to reviewing it. We were picked up by Lesley which made getting to her home very easy and gave plenty of time to ask ots of questions about life in the Tuscan countryside. Paula is Italian and speaks no English, but even my husband who speaks no Italian could easily follow instructions. Both of us were thoroughly hands on - in fact there was no doubt as to our absolute involvement in the making of all the dishes. The lesson ends with a leisurely lunch eating our morning's labours - most enjoyable and informative, with many tips on the perfect way to make and handle pasta. To be thoroughly recommended.

Date of experience: July 2013