Review Highlights

Well Worth Your Time and Your Money

Reviewed 3 October 2018
Bruce K
Saint Louis, Missouri

All reviews gnocchi cooking class learning how menu choices lesley's kitchen italian cook pork tenderloin goat cheese patio overlooking torte regional wines cooking experience my wife and i ribollita leisurely lunch torta della nonna week trip
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife and I decided last minute to sign up for Taste Tuscany on our honeymoon. Lesley was very accommodating in helping ensure we found the place without any issues. We got to select our own menu in advance, and prepared a four course meal ourselves with the guidance of Lesley and a local Italian chef. The food was amazing and decided to pair our meals with a glass of wine, which we would recommend for the additional cost. Overall slightly expensive, but a fantastic experience that we would recommend for other travelers.

Reviewed 3 October 2018

My wife was really looking forward to a genuine cooking experience in Tuscany. We found Lesley's website a day or so ahead of time and I crossed my fingers and made a reservation without much research. We were SO pleasantly surprised. I can't imagine a more interesting, pleasant, enjoyable, and educational experience than the one we had. Lesley and her assistant, Paola, were utterly engaging and fun.

Lesley's home was the perfect venue for the class and, as we were the only two participating that day, we had them all to ourselves. Paola, despite speaking only Italian, was absolutely patient, delightful and kind. Lesley answered all our questions, made sure we were substantially engaged in all the preparation, then sat down with us after everything was prepared for a fabulous, leisurely lunch and even better conversation.

Thank you, Lesley, for opening up your home to a couple of strangers and making us feel like honored guests and familiar friends. Our time with you was one of the highlights of a two-week journey around Europe. My wife was absolutely satisfied with the class and we already have plans to re-create the meal for an Italian couple we'll be entertaining soon. On our next trip, we'll bring good friends and do it again.

Bellissimo!!

lesleyerica, Proprietario at Taste Tuscany, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2018

Hello Bruce

Thank you so much for taking time to write a review. We're always happy to have such enthusiastic and friendly people in our kitchen and we would absolutely love it if you came back!

Reviewed 17 September 2018

This day was perfect- what else could I ask for? I had been corresponding with Lesley via email (which she was very quick to respond to)for a couple of months before our visit. Selecting our menu & figuring meeting stops I felt pretty sure our day was going to be great and I was not disappointed! We met Lesley outside of the area she lived and followed her to her house- We had such a wonderful time chatting about Tuscany & doing some real day to day cooking in her kitchen. It was so my style - so much better in my opinion then the commercial kitchens. We made our Italian lunch & dessert and enjoyed it on the her back patio overlooking the rolling hills of Tuscany. We had a wine tasting as well. I would repeat our experience with Taste Tuscany any time I could. Thank you so much Lesley for an amazing unforgettable day.

Hello Katie

So lovely to have such positive feedback and to know we're on the right track. We love our jobs and meeting so many fun people!

Reviewed 17 July 2018

My wife and I and another couple had a very enjoyable few hours cooking with Lesley and Paola in the Tuscan hills. The house is in a tiny little town, but Lesley met us in an easy location in nearby Buonconvento. My wife has several dietary restrictions, but Lesley managed to adjust the menu choices we made to suit. One reason we chose this class was the small size and customised menu. Four was a perfect number of students for the kitchen, but a few more could fit in. Lesley is fluent in English and Italian (maybe more?), Paola spoke mostly Italian, but we had no problem understanding her directions. We all participated in the cooking and, of course, the eating. There was enough time to chat about life in Tuscany, the sources of ingredients, the regional variations in cuisine, politics, families, etc. We made the dessert recipe, zuccotto, the very next day and we all raved over the ribolitta soup. We ordered some ribolitta a few days later in Chianti and it was nowhere near as good as the one we made. This class was a highlight of our trip and stood out among our visits to the Tuscan hill towns which, although all scenic and interesting, tend to run together.

Hello Anne

Your feedback is much appreciated. I was a real pleasure to work with your group and it's always good to know you successfully reproduced the dishes after the class.

Reviewed 28 May 2018

My group did a cooking class with Lesley a few weeks ago and I can report that I have been able to recreate all the recipes at home with success! The instructions from Lesley and her staff were thorough and hands on cooking is a really fun part of the class. Lunch was served with good wines. Lesley is knowledgeable about the regional
wines and that made for interesting conversation. Lesley also gave us some excellent travel tips for visiting other parts of Tuscany.

lesleyerica, Owner at Taste Tuscany, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

Hello Jana. Thanks so much for taking the time to do a review. It was an absolute pleasure working with your group and I haven't forgotten the Limoncello Tiramisù recipe .. will follow soon! Lesley

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

We’re a party of four adults and four teenagers. Had an absolutely fantastic day learning to cook authentic Tuscan dishes. Lesley is a fantastic hostess who took us through four courses (soup, pasta, main & dessert). Then we ate our lunch on her terrace with a selection of local wines. Teenagers really enjoyed it.

lesleyerica, Owner at Taste Tuscany, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

fabulous group. always a pleasure when everyone is enthusiastic! Thanks for the great company! Lesley

Reviewed 5 March 2018

My wife and daughter and I had a great day learning how to cook some traditional Tuscan food with Lesley and Paolo. You meet Lesley and she takes you to her pretty home in Tuscany and you get to choose your menu and then cook, eat, drink and talk with two very terrific people. Paola was great teaching us how to make Pici pasta a very traditional pasta in Tuscany as well as working with us to cook a great zuccini tart, tiramasu and more. We learned a lot and had a great time talking with Lesley as we ate the great meal that we all cooked together. And get all the great recipes to take with us too.

I chose Lesley and Taste Tuscany because it was very authentic and you really get your hands dirty and do all the cooking. In reviewing some other cooking classes it appeared that a lot of it was set up and you only get your hands on the food a little. This was hands-on in a great atmosphere with terrific people and authentic as we had the little Italian Nonna Paolo working with us who does not speak much English but communicates really well nevertheless. Sign up for this class because its a relaxed learning experience that gives you a great feel of Tuscany and cooking and Lesley and Paola are terrific to hang out with too. Great day and thank you so much for working with me and my family - we loved it!

lesleyerica, Owner at Taste Tuscany, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2018

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review. Paola and I had a fun time with you and your family. If you ever come back to Tuscany please look us up! Cheers. Lesley

Reviewed 11 November 2017

My mother and I recently took a cooking class with Lesly and Paola making a goat cheese tart, homemade pici pasta, chicken & prosciutto rolls, and tiramisu. We also had the wonderful wine tasting to accompany it. It was such a lovely day; Lesly was a great hostess, and made everything fun and easy. Paola was a great teacher, and patient with my minimal pasta-rolling skills. We enjoyed our conversation on the veranda with Lesly, learning a bit about living in Italy and the surrounding area. All in all it was a great adventure, with fabulous food and good company!

lesleyerica, Owner at Taste Tuscany, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2017

Thank you so much for taking time to review your experience with us. It was a pleasure working with you. Kind regards. Lesley

Reviewed 9 October 2017

Six friends took a fabulous 3-week trip to Tuscany. We all agreed that one of the highlights was this Taste Tuscany cooking class with Lesley and Paola. They were such wonderful teachers. With their expert guidance, we six amateur cooks prepared the foods (including ravioli with pear and Tuscan cheese filling and Filetto Incrosta, a pork tenderloin wrapped in bread and pancetta) in Lesley's kitchen. We then enjoyed the fruits of our labor on her lovely patio, where she also introduced us to regional wines that paired with each course. Thank you for a day to remember in Tuscany!

lesleyerica, Owner at Taste Tuscany, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Thank you Carol. Always good to have such positive feedback. It was an absolute pleasure hosting you and your friends. See you next time you're in Tuscany! Best regards. Lesley

Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

What a wonderful day! Lesley and Theresa seemed like old friends and each step of the cooking process was educational and without pressure. A fun learning experience with some of the greatest food ever! I cannot recommend highly enough!

lesleyerica, Owner at Taste Tuscany, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

What a wonderful group to work with! Meeting people is what I love most about this job and groups like this make it all worth while. Thank you so much for taking time to review too. Lesley