“Memories of Montalcino”

and 1 more site!
Hotel Vecchia Oliviera
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Montalcino
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Friends suggested we stay here on our first trip to Tuscany and are we ever happy we did.
We had a lovely room over looking Tuscan scenery You dream about in a beautiful Inn complete with pool.
Sandro and the staff were wonderful,even setting up breakfast early for us as we had an early morning departure for Pisa.
Charming and located in the heart of this beautiful town.
Great restaurants,250 wineries at your door step,lovely shops and a Friday market.
Not to be missed is the drive from Montalcino to Pienza and on to Montalpulcino.....a photographers paradise.
We were so content here we stayed an extra night and already wondering when we can return.

Room Tip: Ask for a valley view
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
vecchiaoliviera, Responsabile reception at Hotel Vecchia Oliviera, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Located right at the entrance to Montalcino basically. Easy walking to everything in the town. Very close to the self-service laundry which was extremely handy. Having their own parking lot is another plus. Only issue we had is that we drove right by it initially and trying to get back to the hotel was a chore as trying to navigate the town the first at night on the roads is "interesting".

The hotel staff is wonderful. Does a great job taking caring of the guests, answering questions, and personalizing the experience. Every morning at breakfast, our table was already ready for us, including a high chair all prepared for our little one. Small but good cold breakfast food selection, highlighted by the daily fruit tart and the excellent drinks from their espresso bar, which the front desk staff also mans. And, the cleaning staff is efficient; each morning, right after we would return from breakfast, our room had already been made up by the staff.

Room had exceptional views out into Tuscany and was a good size. Wi-fi works well throughout the hotel and in the room. And the little one loved talking bubble baths with the jetted tub as the jets really churned up the bubbles :)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 18 May 2014

We stayed at the Hotel Vecchia Oliviera for three nights and found it enchanting --- warm, welcoming staff, quiet rooms, good breakfast and a gorgeous view. It's right at the top of the hill, steps from the main street through town.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 November 2013

A great hotel at the entrance of this very hilly town of Montalcino. Rooms range from simple to deluxe. Simple rooms are small while the deluxe face the valley of the Val D'Orica and are of ample size. Breakfasts are wholesome and plentiful. This is a great base and good value for the money.

Room Tip: Take a room facing the valley.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 28 October 2013

This is my first time in Montalcino and Hotel Vecchia Oliviera. I'm only here one night but so far it's charming and a very authentic Tuscan hotel. The staff have been warm and inviting and although there is no elevator, at least none I could see, my luggage was carried to my room. I have a larger corner rooms with excellent views of the Tuscan countryside. I love deep bathtubs and this one has jets. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone and I would definitely stay here again.
Another bonus, the bedding (sheets and pillow cases) are crisp and fresh and in good shape. The towels are fluffy and large. And another bonus there is a fully stocked honor bar and bathroom amenities including toothbrush, toothpaste and shampoos. I am writing this review within the first few hours of my stay so cannot comment on the breakfast but I did see the setting and it too is lovely. I am looking forward to a great nights sleep at Hotel Vecchia Oliviera.

Room Tip: Corner rooms have two views of the countryside and I think are quieter. They're also very romant...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 23 October 2013

This is a lovely place, with a great breakfast and a pool! Sandro was a fantastic host, he was extremely charming and helpful. The hotel is very clean with good sized rooms and is in a perfect location - nice and quiet at night but close enough to walk everywhere you want to go. We definitely want to stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 21 October 2013

I spent five nights at VO and had a great time. Something about this little hotel blends well into the fabric of Montalcino and the surrounding valleys - it isn't super fancy but it has a great sense of authenticity. Sandro and Elisa were both gracious and welcoming, even through the booking process, and were willing to answer all of my questions and make recommendations. My room was on the small side but the views were wonderful - including from the lovely patio - and I slept perfectly each night. Breakfasts were satisfying including and especially the endless stream of cappuccino! Also, the showers could use some updating but the water pressure/temperature was perfect. The parking was very convenient. I wandered into a few of the other small hotels in Montalcino and decided that I would definitely stay again at VO when I'm lucky enough to return.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo