We booked for three nights and stayed for two.
I'll be very summary on this review for once as we were so disappointed.
- The view is amazing, really.
- The swimming pool, however small offers an even better view.
- We could hear the neighbors' phone conversation through the walls, both participants...
- We could hear the bathrooms' noises from our bed. Lovely.
- Old rooms
- We had to tell the cleaning 3 times in the same day not to come in the room as we were desperately trying to get some sleep after a bad night. When she finally left, the reception CALLED us to ask if we wanted cleaning or not...
- We explained to the staff why we couldn't stay in their hotel. Their only answer was that we still had to pay for the third night.
I find it really insulting to be taken for walking wallets and nothing else. I still give it 2 out of 5 for the view but it doesn't deserve anything more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel is situated in part of the eighteenth-century “Catasto Leopoldino” in the historic centre of Montalcino. The rooms at the back afford a splendid view, taking in the Val d’Orcia and the Val d’Arbia.Opening out onto this backdrop is a large, panoramic garden, where a swimming pool has been created to resemble a medieval fountain.In the remaining rooms, some of which are laid out on two levels, you can breathe in the typical atmosphere of an ancient Tuscan village. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel dei Capitani reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dei Capitani Hotel
- Dei Capitani Montalcino