We spent 6 nights at the end of May in a garden view apartment. The standard of the accommodation itself was good to very good, in my opinion. The apartment was cleaned and the beds made every day. The kitchenette was adequate, although more china and glasses would have been useful. The dishwasher was very practical.
I found the staff extremely friendly and helpful. They sell tickets for the bus to Florence in reception and these can be added to the bill at the end of your stay, along with other products.
The pool was very clean and quiet, with plenty of sunbeds. There is also lots of space on the terrace with tables, chairs and barbecues.
For me, the greatest attraction of Villa l'Olmo is the stunning countryside of the estate and its surroundings. From the apartment, we had wonderful views over hills and olive groves.
I would not hesitate to recommend Relais Villa l'Olmo, and would love to return there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax in the Chianti - Just 15 minutes from Florence Situated on the outskirts of a quaint village by the name of Impruneta, the Relais Villa l'Olmo is perched on a hill dotted with grey olive trees, overlooking the Chianti valley. Lying a mere 10 kilometres from the city of Florence and 20-minute drive from its airport, a 10-minute drive from the main road to Siena and from the A1 motorway linking Milan to Rome, this is the ideal location for relaxing in the Tuscan countryside without forfeiting the chaotic bustle of Florence. While the city can be reached by public transportation every 30 minutes, the village centre is a 5-minute stroll from the Relais, where the Tuscan culinary delicacies can be savoured in typical trattorias. Nestled in a 70-hectar landscape of rolling hills, the 16th-century Relais mirrors the careful renovation completed in 2001, work that was painstakingly undertaken to preserve the original architectural structure. In addition to the 8 apartments, 2 cottages and farmhouse available for guests, the property encompasses vineyards, olive groves, the owners' private residence and an operating farm. The big pool area is surrounded by white sand that combines with the green valley and its olive trees and vineyards offering a beautiful view on the valley. In the gardens and Barbecue gardens the Relais Guests will enjoy their evenings under the Tuscan sky whilst preparing the specialties of the region.The Relais offers also a Fitness-room well equipped with Technogym fitness equipment and massages or sessions with a personal trainer can be booked anytime on request of the guests. Breakfast can be booked on request and it's served in an ancient charming Farm Loggia. The village, at just 3 minutes walking distance, make the shopping and alimentary needs an experience and guests should not miss to explore the small and traditional shops. The Reception is available every day from 8.30Am to 7.30Pm for any information and bookings that make the guests' stay as pleasant as possible (museums' entrance tickets, tours and wine-tastings reservations, tee-times bookings, babysitting service). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Relais Villa L'Olmo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Relais Villa l`Olmo Hotel Impruneta
- Relais Villa L'Olmo Impruneta, Italy