“An english menu can help maybe”

Trattoria Di' Gazzilloro
Ranked #16 of 43 Restaurants in Impruneta
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Not the trattoris fault but very hard to find a parking place.
At last after few try and 30 minutes we can go to the restaurant.
A dutch family and us only in the terrace.
Becouse only italian menu possible, the dutch family ask the waitress what kind of foods are possible. It took 20 minutes.
Finally agreed, I was waiting to ask us.

Unfortunately, this has not happened. She brought them wine, then she again discussed the possibilities.
This happened in the evening at half past eight, I was very hungry.
So we stood up and said goodbye.
I do not want to rank a restaurant, but as it happened I write edified if it may later. Only an English-language menu, and doubled the turnover.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Nice restaurant, very friendly, although slow, service. We had a good diner and reasonably priced. Good restaurant when you stay in the neighborhood.

1  Thank Pats911
Reviewed 2 April 2014

We visited this Trattoria on recommendation from our accommodation. The waitress was kind enough to explain the whole menu due to our limited Italian and recommended a beautiful Toscana Rosso to accompany our food. The cold cuts were top class, and the pasta was fresh and tasty. My Bistecca in Crosta was the best steak I have ever eaten. We hoped to return for a second night during our holiday.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

We were taken to this amazing little restaurant by our Italian friends. What a find - food, service and ambience were second to none. To begin with, we were treated to some crostini to share topped with sauted mixed mushrooms, the funghi were the real star of this dish. I chose the home-made tagliatelle with a meat ragu, a great choice which was cooked to perfection and left me wanting more. My wife went for the Tagliata, seared steak served sliced on a wooden board atop a bed of rocket and shavings of parmesan - it was so good that she barely let me have any to try. Our friends were also more than satisfied with their selections. A lovely bottle of local vino rosso was recommended by the friendly staff and enjoyed by all. The dessert offerings topped off a lovely evening. The restaurant is not far from the public parking area and the village's beautiful main square, well worth the short walk even on a rainy cold night.

2  Thank Intimatetraveller
Reviewed 31 December 2013

You are missing out if you are in Impruneta and don't visit this restaurant. We went here based on a referral from our B&B. Got lost trying to find it, but found a true treasure! The food here was spectacular with a great Tuscany based wine offering. The owners son was a fun energetic young man who we took an instant liking to. this place is known for steak and I highly recommend the Steak al griglia - best New York cut I ever had. If you want to have a great relaxing dinner (and many bottles of wine) I highly recommend this place. Best meals we ate in Italy over 10 days in Venice/Florence. We will be back! The six of us in our group loved our time here. Wish we were there right now.

1  Thank Jason P