“Best way to spend your first evening in Venice”

Food and Ghost Tour by Monica Cesarato
More attraction details
Owner description: Would you like to discover a different part of Venice?Do you like to try new food?So this is the tour in Italy for you.You can eat your way through some traditional and delicious cicchetti (Venetian Style tapas) and taste some nice Prosecco wine or try a Spritz and at the same time you will discover some fantastic and incredible tales about the Serenissima Repubblica di Venezia.During the tour we will stop in two or three of the best Osterie in Venice (according to time), where we will sit down and try their delicious food and their special wines. And while you are tasting the typical Venetian food cicchetti, I will entertain you by telling you some ghost and horror stories about the people who used to live in Venice.
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Imagine being taken on a tour of some of the best cicchetti bars in Venice by a family friend and that is what it will feel like being led through Venice by Monica Cesarato.
My 19 year old son and I especially enjoyed all the stories and history relating to the sites were were seeing from the Jewish ghetto through Cannareggio. We tasted so many delicious snacks and drinks learning a little about the history of the food and revival of the cicchetti culture in Venice.
Once Monica got to know us a little better, she was able to customize the tour to suit our tastes and interests. It was a spectacular way to spend our first evening in Venice, giving us a chance to get to know our way around a bit and also getting some great recommendations of restaurants and other places to visit. I highly recommend spending some time with Monica during your stay in Venice.

1  Thank Lynne D

Reviewed 7 July 2013

My husband and I took a private cicchetti (snacks similar to tapas) tour of Venice with Monica in June. We walked and used public transportation around the sestiere of Cannaregio, stopping at several osterie for great food and drink. After spending some time with us, Monica customized the tour to also include a stop at a wonderful gelateria. Seeing Venice through the eyes of a local was terrific, and I think the tour would be a great introduction for tourists new to Venice.

1  Thank Ann C