“Bike holiday”

Enjoy Garda Hotel
Mechelen, Belgium
“Bike holiday”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Very nice hotel with excellent staff. We took the relax pack with guided tours our guidelines for solo tours around Peschiera. Nicola and all the other guides are very strong riders, so be well prepared before you join a trip with them. Breakfast and service is top, they provide a lunch if you plan a longer ride.

Room Tip: "Rooms on the south side are quieter"
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Poole, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

All the reviews were good and after just having a week's stay, can understand why. You are made to feel welcome as soon as you walk in. The staff are very friendly, the Hotel is kept very clean and tidy and there is plenty of room to 'sit around' in the public areas as it very spacious. Food good, loved the breakfast! Although the room faced the road, soundproofing was good, so, never had a problem with noise. Perfectly sited for the trains, so, trips to Venice, Bologna, Milan & Verona nice and simple, also best placed to get the Ferries to explore Lake Garda. All in all, loved it there and would not consider any other Hotel, when we visit again. Only annoyance was the WiFi as had to login every time it was used on my iPad as it would not hold my details. Small point in an otherwise great weeks stay.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Herzliya, Israel
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I read a lot of the reviews before booking and I wasn't let down, the hotel stands up to its excellent reviews. We booked two EASY type rooms which face the street but got an upgrade for one of the rooms (the one with the baby). This was a bigger room facing the pool so it was very convenient and a really nice surprise.
The whole stay was great, these are the main advantages from my point of view:
• Great location, very close to the exit from A4 but a short and nice walking distance to the center of Peschiera
• Rooms are very clean and modern. There is a small refrigerator were you can store water and other food (convenient with a baby)
• The traffic from the street didn’t interrupt any sleep (the A/C was on and the balcony door closed)
• The baby cot which you can receive for an additional 10 Euro per night was clean and comfortable (it is a "campaigning crib" which is given with an additional mattress)
• The staff was very helpful, you can get different maps of the area and a list of recommended restaurants at the front desk
• In front of the hotel there is a small shop open almost all hours which has fruit, water etc. and 5-10 min further up the street there is a large supermarket
• Yummy buffy breakfast which you can eat outside helps you start the day right

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank sharon2468
Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed 24 June 2014

My husband and I have spent three nights at the 'Enjoy Garda Hotel' in June.

On the plus side:
The hotel is pretty new and provides well equipped, reasonably sized, stylish rooms and a big enough bathroom. Air conditioning works efficiently,
The garden area with the swimming pool is quite big and well maintained.
Breakfast is served from 8h to 10.30h and comes with a variety of food - in my view quite exceptional for italian standards. It ranges from fresh fruit and cereal, cheese, eggs and sausages, to cakes, marmalade, etc.
Breakfast on the terrace gives you an additional feeling of vacation.
The pricing for drinks at the bar is below average for a hotel.

On the minus side:
The hotel is sitting on a very busy street with heavy traffic all day and night. You need to sleep with closed windows or need to book a (more expensive) room to the garden side.
Wifi is very unstable. You need to log in many times anew.

Compared to the other locations of our round trip of lake garda, this hotel was by far the most expensive one.
Now, knowing the surroundings better, I would rather recommend a smaller B&B in the area which also provides you with an up-to-date, stylish facility but in a more secluded area and at a lower price.
Who wants to be in walking distance to downtown Peschiera (10 minutes) and doesn't mind a noisy surrounding will enjoy this modern hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Alberto V, Direttore at Enjoy Garda Hotel, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear Good Travel Reviewer,

Thank you for your positive review. As the Enjoy Garda Hotel Director, I would like to clarify two points that you brought up:

A) It is true that we had a real Wifi problem in June, with our internet provider.
In addition, in order to offer a FREE connection to all of our guests, we have to apply some restrictions to our system. Per our provider, streaming movies is not available, nor is it possible to download files. Also, after several minutes of inactivity, the system logs users out automatically to ensure availability for other users. Regarding this point, we will add a notification to the LOG IN page of our Wifi, to advise users of the terms of use. Also, we would like to remind you that we provided you with 2 internet password when you checked in (for one per person)

B) We wanted also to point out something that as an expert reviewer, you should understand very well: our guests come from five continents (in fact most of our clients are international) and they are seeking a hotel that offers extras which we can offer (quality of service, location… ); I personally think that your suggestion of choosing another hotel, that is not a 4 star hotel, is not helpful or appropriate. People that choose a B&B have tastes and needs that are totally different from those of people that are looking for a 4 star hotel. I think that your opinion is a personal one, not an objective one, and it does not help a person that has expectations that are different from yours.

Best regards,

Alberto V
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Nicola and his team made me feel welcome the moment I walked through the door. I had stayed at Hotel Veronello which Nicola owned previously so I knew the level of service I would receive.

As a cycling hotel, they have thought of every detail to make your cycling holiday a first class experience. They have a secure bike room for your precious bike if you decide to bring yours otherwise they rent a range of bikes including some very nice high end carbon bikes (Da Rosa). The only niggle is the range of bike tools available for my use is limited so you may want to bring some of your own if you prefer to work on your own bike. Having said that, there is usually a bike mechanic or guide to help if needed. The good tools must be hidden away!

There is a different guided tour each day for varying abilities and the guides are very knowledgeable about the areas geography and history. Despite Marco's limited English, he was very expressive and enthusiastic so it wasn't difficult to understand and communicate with him. Before your tour starts, you will be given a packed lunch consisting of a sandwich and banana which is a nice change to the sugary gels and bars I usually consume during long rides.

There is a lunch buffet available all afternoon so when you arrive back after a long day burning calories you will welcome the food on offer.

I was given a very nice Enjoy Garda Hotel jersey as part of my package. A good marketing touch which I feel special wearing during my rides while in Garda and especially in the UK. Your dirty cycling kit is laundered for free each evening and ready for you in the morning.

Since I was only at Enjoy for three days, I wasn't able to experience all the tours on offer. I really wanted to ride to Monte Baldo which was not on the agenda during my stay. Nevertheless, Nicola went our of his way to help me plan this ride and even offered to send one of his drivers to escort me. Thank you Nicola!

This hotel has been recently renovated so the rooms look great and are very comfortable. A spacious contemporary look. The rooms were also brightly lit and clean. The WiFi signal was strong and reasonably fast. However, streaming videos is understandably restricted.

The dinners included in the package were delicious and substantial. The restaurant staff were friendly, happy and attentive. There was only one night that I experience slower than usual service when a group of 20 Australians and 10 Belgiums arrived at the same time.

Great experience for cycling the lake Garda region! I'll be back!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank JasonLondon888
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This modern well designed hotel is only about 100 meters from Peschiera del Garda train station and is an easy walk down hill. The staff were universally pleasant and efficient informative. They found train and ferry times as well sorting out the free small city bikes which are ideal for getting around. There is an emphasis on serious cycling at the hotel with planned routes for roads bikes of 100 kilometre daily. Breakfast is substantial and can be taken indoors or out depending on the weather. The rooms are large with balconies but very quite. We had dinner in the hotel on 2 nights which tasty but it is an easy stroll into Pesicheira for pizza restaurants and use cream

Kettering, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We knew nothing of Enjoy Garda's cycling connections - we just booked it because we liked the look of it. It's a relatively small modern hotel with fantastic facilities, nice clean, modern rooms but - and most importantly - some of the most friendly, helpful and obliging hotel staff I have ever seen.

We stayed at Enjoy Garda for five nights at the beginning of June 2014 and there really wasn't much to fault with the place (although a little heat in the swimming pool would have made it even better!). The bar prices were very reasonable, the breakfast and snack lunches good and the rooms lovely. The location is great - you can walk to all of Peschiera's fantastic restaurants and to the station for day trips.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone - couples, families, sole travellers. Excellent.

2 Thank greggnunney
Aqualux Hotel Spa & Suite Bardolino
Le Ali del Frassino
Le Ali del Frassino
#4 of 28 in Peschiera del Garda

Been to Enjoy Garda Hotel? Share your experiences!