Dun Ard
US$116
Agoda.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsb boyster roomjacuzzi bathoystersjunior suitebed and breakfasthost joebreakfast was deliciousperfect hoststop classfriendly hostsa wonderful staystayed longerfull irish breakfastshort drivestar hotellovely room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 May 2009

My wife and I stayed here with our baby daughter. Joe and Annie-Maye were perfect hosts, offering us the use of their kitchen area for heating babies bottles, making tea etc. The rooms are superbly luxurious, modern and spotless clean.

All in all, a top class b&b.

Emlyn.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank Anlaoch
Reviewed 19 April 2009

Joe and Annie Mai epitomise the "Cead Mile Failte". They are warm and welcoming and most certainly make you feel at home. And what a home it is! Elegant and interesting, yet very comfortable. The location is A-1 for a traveler like me. Close enough to town if you want to shop, eat, etc, but in a quiet spot with gorgeous views. A pub within walking distance doesn't hurt either!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BostonBabe16
Reviewed 20 March 2009

We arrived about 6pm after driving for 12 hours from Scotland with a young baby to be met by Joe, who helped to carry our stuff upstairs and offered to make us a cuppa. Joe emailed us easy to follow directions in advance which I would recommend you follow - avoid driving through Waterford town! The room was more like a 4* Hotel, with lovely big bed, sofa, jacuzzi bath, large shower, wi-fi radio (enabling you to tune into practically any radio station in the world) and flat screen TV. The best thing about it was probably the amazing unrestricted view across Dungarvan Bay. Breakfast was fantastic - much better than the usual B&B fare - and everything was freshly cooked and of good quality. After breakfast, the owners were happy to have a chat with us and advise where best to visit (we drove to Cork city, which is about an hour away - well worth a visit). Although fairly remote, An Rinn is only about a five minute drive to Dungarvan town, where there are loads of pubs and places to eat. Make sure you eat before you get back at night because, as I found out to my cost, although there is a great pub 2 mins walk away it doesn't serve food! Dun Ard is child-friendly and provided us with a travel cot to save us using our own. We would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank 2young_travellers
Reviewed 2 February 2009

Fell on this lovely place to stay quite by chance. I love modern places...sometimes the older cosy ones too!....and liked the photos. But you never know what you have booked untill you arrive.
Arrive we did...(but barely, as the wheels were giving me grief) ....to have a smile put on our faces. The welcome started at the front door and continued every minute untill we left. Joe and Annie Mae could not have been more accomodating, helpful or more friendly. Helpful is an understatement. The car? Well it gave up at the front door....so what did Joe do? Call a taxi, say I'm really sorry for your troubles, the buses are finished???? No. He lent me his car...a very nice number too!!!
Our smiles got bigger when we saw our room! It is really up to 5 star standard. Bright, spotless, magic bed, top comfort, large bathroom, big screen, superb views. What more could you want???
The house is big and modern, beautifully fitted out and located overlooking the sea. It is a little out so do not expect restaurants at the door. In fact they are only 10 kms away in Dungarvan. Eat there and then retire to Mooneys right across the road from Dun Ard for your few drinks. It is a great place to relax....and relax we did with Joe and Annie Mae.
All in all highly recommended....you won't be disappointed!

Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Harleyclarkey
Reviewed 21 December 2008

I've travelled quite a lot for the past 2 years and can fairly say that I've been in a good few accommodations. Well, I have to tell you, not even 5 stars hotels I've stayed in can compare to this B&B.

We were late due to a flight being delayed but, after a call, Joe politely gave us directions and assured us that there was no problem.

The room itself was lovely, with an amazing design and great views of the mountains and the ocean.
The way its decorated makes you feel like you are in The Ritz, with a more familiar touch without losing sophistication.
You have a huge plasma TV with satellite and Wi-Fi radio if you want to distract yourself a bit.
The bathroom was marvellous. Plenty of space and extremely clean (like the rest of the house); we had a Jacuzzi (which we happily used) with separate shower.
In general, everything was modern and in perfect conditions.

The owners, Joe and Annie May, are lovely people, friendly and flexible. They will give you a hand with whatever you need.
I'm vegan, which is quite troublesome when trying to get something appropriate for breakfast, but Annie May made it easy for me, offering an excellent variety of fresh food for us to choose from.

At the end, it’s the little things that matter, like finding our water bottle refilled and fruit in our room every day. Along with the overall experience, these details make your stay much pleasant.

The location is quite and perfect for relaxing. There's an Irish pub serving food just across the road and Dungarvan is only 15 minutes driving.

In short, we were so happy that decided to stay longer! Well worth it for 45e per night, definitely.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank Lomedin