“THE PERFECT B & B!”

Bayside
Bayside
Ranked #12 of 16 Dungarvan B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 September 2012

Out of 7 so far in our 3 week trip, this has been the most beautiful and comfortable of them all! The home AND the grounds are immaculate and everything is in place. Quiet luxury and breakfast was delicious. Wish we could have stayed longer!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Shirley S
PatN308, Owner at Bayside, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2013

Thank you for your review which is much appreciated. It's nice to know that we get it right some of the time eventhough we endeavour to gett it right all of the time.

Reviewed 25 June 2012

Sheila and Patrick are wonderful hosts. My husband and I felt very much at home staying at the Bayside. In fact, we liked it so much that on our second day, we extended our stay with them instead of moving to a B&B closer to the Cork Airport for our last night.

The location is fantastic. It's quiet with a beautiful view, but just a very short drive (5-10 minutes) to downtown. There is a walking / biking trail nearby, and if I am not mistaken, it would be possible to walk to the town center from the B&B using the trail for a good part of the walk.

Our room was very comfortable, very clean and had a lovely view of the bay. The decor is modern, not fussy. Breakfast was excellent -- the eggs were always perfect and there was a great assortment of fruit, cereal, yogurt, cheese, etc. Coffee from a French press -- Heaven!

Sheila's attention to detail was notable. We had some leftover wine, which we had set on the vanity when we checked in. When we returned to our room at the end of the day -- wine glasses had been provided. On our last night, extra coffee makings were provided in our room, which was much appreciated during the morning when we were packing.

Finally: My recently acquired bronchitis had morphed into a sinus infection and I needed to see a doctor to get an antibiotic fast before our flight out. Sheila kindly recommended a great doctor in convenient location in downtown Dungarvan and made an appointment for me. This allowed me to take just a short break from family research at the Dungarvan Library and get the meds I needed. Left to my own devices, I probably would have wasted half the day finding a good doc then finding their office.

I highly recommend the Bayside and we will stay here again on our next visit.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Carolyn D
Management response:Responded 9 July 2012

Thank you for your kind comments and for taking the time to write the review. Town centre is 45mins.brisk walk, two miles of which is along the seafront. Breakfast should always be good when it is cooked to order.If we can help with any problem we are delighted to do so. Good luck with your ancestral research. Pat & Sheila.

Reviewed 19 June 2012

I agree with the other reviews as the B&B has beautiful views and is very clean. I was disappointed that the proprietor did not explain to me that I would be charged the full room rate for two rooms if we did not stay there the 2nd night, I mistakenly booked. I booked two nights online when I really meant to book one. If I had known we would have stayed. Instead I come home to an email a week later informing me of the $113 charge to my credit card. Beware of a passive aggressive hostess.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Susan M
PatN308, Owner at Bayside, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2012

Susan,through B&B Ireland on 22nd.April'12, booked 2 rooms for 2 nights commencing 13th.June'12. The booking and cancellation policy were confirmed to her by email from B&B Ireland. Susan & family arrived on the evening of 13th.June'12 and announced that they would not be staying the second night, alleging an error had been made in the booking. She had possession of the reservation details for over 6 weeks but did nothing to correct it until arriving. There was no apology for not availing of the 2 rooms for the second night ,which had been reserved for her for 6 weeks, which could have otherwise been made available to other guests. As the cancellation was not in accordance with the cancellation policy,B&B Ireland made the credit card deduction. In this case the proprietor cannot be held responsible for the negligence of the client.

Reviewed 30 May 2012

My mom and I are staying at Bayside tonight. I am writing this review as mom sleeps and I am sitting on this comfortable bed. The linens are fresh as the sea air and pressed! Can't wait for breakfast tomorrow. We were welcomed with hot tea and a wonderful homemade lemon coffee cake. Would love to stay here the whole time we are in Ireland.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank jowill_12
Reviewed 29 October 2011

My family and I (6 adults) road-tripped across Ireland in fall of 2010. We stayed in a different B&B each night of our 10-day vacation. Bayside was our 6th night in Ireland. It's located on the bay (as the name implies). It's a 5 minute car ride into the town of Dungarvan with plenty of shops and pubs. There is free parking on the property. Our room was upstairs in the back of the house. It was pretty spacious and had 2 comfortable, twin size beds, an ensuite, and views of the garden in back. If you got a room in the front of the house, like my parents did, you got amazing views of the bay. Breakfast the next morning was served in the quaint dining room downstairs with beautiful views of the bay. The hosts were very friendly. Before arriving at this B&B we spent the day at Blarney Castle and the seaside town of Cobh.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank AllycatMKE
Reviewed 21 October 2011

Wow - what a view. Well signposted (by Irish standards), ad the name says it all, Bayside, follow the bay around out of Dungarvan. Super hygiene and excellent cooked breakfast. Definitely one of the nicest b&b's we have stayed in during our visit to our frequet visits to Ireland - so much so we are repeat customers. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Ask the host to recommend places to eat nearby.