“fabulous food and atmosphere”

Seanachai Bar and Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 40 Restaurants in Dungarvan
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, European, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Kids, Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: An Seanachaí is an award winning traditional Irish Bar & restaurant - with 12 holiday cottages attached. An Seanachaí serves casual friendly home-cooked meals daily. It has a cosy restaurant serving a good choice of contemporary Irish and seafood dishes by night.
Dungarvan, Ireland
“fabulous food and atmosphere”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

The best seafood chowder I have had in a long time, very filling. The steak is cooked to perfection and the service is second to none. It is a first class restaurant without all the pomp and circumstance. This treasure should be tried, I am sure if you try it once you will definitely be back for more. I could not finish all I had been served and it was no problem for the remainder to be contained for travel home.

Most certainly going back.

• Visited July 2014

Wisconsin
“Glad to see re-opened”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I love visiting this old pub from back in the famine days. I had a great fish & chips. We had 8 People in are group and had no problem and everyone loved there meals. Then to walk to front of pub and learn more history about the pub and its days of many wakes during the famine. If in area I would recommend a visit. Great food and love the history.

Visited June 2014
Gold coast
“Great food, service and atmosphere”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

The food was excellent with large portions, the service was very good and the staff friendly and informative. It is an old building which has been well maintained, complete with thatched roof and fireplaces.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Jane P
Waterford, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't go on a Monday night!”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I was really disappointed by our family visit to the Seanchai last evening. It was a big treat out for us as we're a family of two adults and four young children. The restaurant was busy enough for a week day night, about 6-7 tables being served food. The Specials menu on the board was put in front of us with only some of the prices displayed. I ordered a seafood salad (no price on menu) and got a huge plate of deep fried fish with a side salad (with raw onion!) which was clearly not what I was expecting. For such a variation on a seafood salad, I would have expected the waiting staff to explain the "Specials" but they seemed a bit frazzled and preoccupied. There was no sign of management in sight, just two young waiting staff running the bar and the restaurant. I didn't want to create a fuss in front of my young children which I regretted afterwards, however the waiter could clearly see that I was taken aback and not happy! The bill was very expensive, €79.00 for main course for children's menu and one pint of Guinness and a sparkling water. The "seafood salad" was €21.50! Was so disappointed, we chose not to stay for coffee and dessert.There were no lights on in the bathrooms close to where we were sitting and I couldn't locate the lights, not easy with small children! I won't be going back. I know that this venue is popular in the area. So much choice on the menu should have set alarm bells ringing, maybe?!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank LaGourmande2014
Ireland
“Recommend!”
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Simple food well cooked! Wide variety of choice to suit all! So much choice hard to make a decision! Genuinely friendly staff! Plenty of free parking!