“Fabulous cafe in a great location”
Review of Ormond Cafe

Ormond Cafe
Ranked #1 of 2 Coffee & Tea in Dungarvan
Cuisines: Irish, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cork, Ireland
“Fabulous cafe in a great location”
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Called in here on a trip from West Cork to Wexford.

Upon entering there is a friendly and warm atmosphere and there is plenty of space and a variety of table sizes. There is also a mirrored ceiling in the front part which gives the impression of spaciousness.

We ordered at the counter from very friendly staff and took out seats in the back. The decor is quite mixed but very nice.
Our food did not arrive at the same time which would be the only small complaint but the food was lovely.
We had the soup (mushroom with good brown bread) and a toasted bacon and cheese sandwich. Both were very tasty and well presented.
The bill proved very good value for money.

If I lived in Dungarvan I would be a regular here!

1 Thank Redsionnach

ireland
“convenient, clean, attractive & spoilt for choice”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

You cant go past the Ormond Cafe for a convenient, clean, attractive place to have a snack or larger meal.
You will be spoilt for choice with the freshly cooked food and baked items. Babychanging & toilets are available.Friendly staff too!

Visited July 2014
1 Thank gingerjenb
Dungarvan, Ireland
“Great Breakfast”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I only recently discovered this place. I had always though it was a wedding cake shop because of the window displays.
Great Breakfast, something different from the normal menu. They do a rang of American style buttermilk pancakes, I have tried them all and would recommend. A+
Service was quick and pleasant.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank Ray - man O
Dublin, Ireland
“Tasty, excellent quality family meal”
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

My husband, two children and I arrived at what is probably the busiest time of business of Saturday afternoon so we were delighted to get a free table, having read good reviews about this cafe.

The place was really buzzing but when the crowd quietened, the staff were very pleasant and our server took the time to chat and joke with my daughter.

Our meal was delicious - we all were very happy indeed. I had beautiful, tasty lasagna - probably the nicest I have ever eaten, serviced with delicious home-made wedges and beautiful salad. The others had chicken goujons, beer battered cod, chips and salad. Some dishes came in medium and large sizes which was very handy for children or those wanting a smaller portion size. As we were too full for dessert, we ordered berry crumble to take away which again was gorgeous.

This was top notch simple food, nothing complicated but it is obvious that good quality ingredients are used and everything is cooked perfectly. I am only sorry that I don't live in Waterford as I would love to be a regular here!

1 Thank ADYKY
“A central perk”
Reviewed 15 November 2013 via mobile

Always a great place to pop into four a coffee and a treat. It is the most Central cafe in Dungarvan. The coffee is lovely. The treats and meals are homemade and tasty. The prices won't break the bank; and the staff are polite and welcoming. I highly recommend Ormonds.

1 Thank mitchellob