Gold Coast Golf Resort
US$56
Richmond House(Cappoquin)
Hotels.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe cottagesbunker barself cateringleisure centreswimming poolbouncy castleclonea strandpool partywashing machinesteam roomweekend breakplay grounddungarvan townplay areahotel facilitiesadults and childrengreat family
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 December 2011

We stayed in the apartments (family of 3) in Aug 2011, we found them to be comfortable and very spacious. The facilities were fine, agree that the decor in the hotel could do with updating, the reception was very dull but overall the apartments were clean and the staff were friendly. The food in the hotel bar was slightly overpriced for what it was but we did have a nice meal in the restaurant. We had no problems with the playground or swimming pool, both fine for us.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2011

I stayed here in the hotel as part of agroup of 13 from 4 differnet countries. The rooms were clean and spacious, the beds comfy and linen crispand white. I ate in the dining room and bar and both were fine. Breakfasts were plentiful and with lots of variety - just ask and if they had it, you could have it. However it was the helpfulness of the staff that stood out, they were friendly nothing was too much trouble, and they bent over backwards to make sure everything was fine. I noted lots of families staying in thebungalows.They seemed to be having a whale of a time.The only disapointment was that the pool did not not open until9.00 am so no chance of a swim before breakfast. I dare say If I had asked , this too would have been sorted.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank AlysonMike
Reviewed 6 July 2011

Stayed here purely because of the golf course attached to it. I stayed here when i was younger and remember loving it. I can't say the same about this stay. Not everything was bad. I can't compliment the man at the golf course enough, he was so nice and helpful. Reception were nice too. I wasn't even going to bother leaving a comment but the more I think about the certain things that annoyed me the more i feel the need to say it here. First of all I'm not one to complain or make a fuss but I'm beginning to think that i should have said something. First of all we had booked dinner for one of the night's we were staying. On arriving down we had another couple behind us so we were first. The girl never even asked if we had booked and began to lead us down only to stop and ask the other couple if they had to which they replied no and then yes which indicated to me that they hadn't as they still had their gym bag and were fresh from the pool. (We were dressed up). She then left us standing there in the middle of the room while she brought them down to a table. That was the first thing that annoyed me. I don't know whether it was because we are young or what but she could have at least asked had we booked. The treatment they then received compared to us was quite alot more. They got their drinks straight away where as we waited quite a while. I might also point out it wasn't busy at all. Our bread which we were given had cream and some sort of red stuff on it which i could only assume was being re-used. We just left it to one side. The food after that was nothing special. We weren't checked on even once where as the other table was several times. Little things like that make all the difference. Breakfast the next morning wasn't great either. We were seen by an older lady who began to ask what we wanted before my partner even had a chance to sit down so i had to call him across the dining room to ask him what he wanted. Cereals weren't refilled so it wasn't possible for us to get a bowl each of what we wanted. A tiny amount of milk was given so I had to get up and take some off another table. The wi-fi in the room didn't work evenafter we asked for the code. Ash-tray on balcony full of cigarette buts which is disgusting for non-smokers. Beds were comfortable so we had a good night's sleep. I suppose it's my own fault for not saying anything at the time but I just need to get it off my chest. I probably would stay again because of the friendly golf course staff and we loved the golf course but I would avoid dinner there and go elsewhere. I think management need to train restaurant staff to deal better with customers but other than that it was an OK stay. Loved the spa and pool!

Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank IrishMaiden2010
Reviewed 3 March 2011

I stayed at one of the Gold Coast cottages, We had booked 3 together for a family holiday. The house itself was outdated and uncared for. I ate in the bar the first evening and would never repeat the experience as we were served reheats. The kids "playground" was dangerous and I felt it was completely overpriced. It was such a shame because the area is beautiful and there are quite a lot of activities in the surrounding areas. Never again

Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
4  Thank breda65
Reviewed 22 August 2010

we stayed in the gold coast cottages these were very clean and comfortable and surprisinly spacious these are far from luxurious but are perfect for families, 3 good sized bedrooms a kitchenette, sitting room with tv. There is a kids play area directly in front of the cottages and the hole place feels very safe, the pool in the hotel is perfect with a jacuzzi and kiddie pool and the hotel puts on daily acvities during the summer season, when we were there we did the family table quiz, aqua aerobics and the pool camel is not to be missed.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family