“Terrible terrible terrible” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #35 of 38 Restaurants in Dungarvan
Price range: US$2 - US$25
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
south east Ireland
“Terrible terrible terrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

We recently ate there at a themed night. The food was atrocious, ....pork ribs??? Actually lumps of fat hidden by sauce, cold bland potatoes and veg. The restaurant is not up to an acceptable level of cleanliness either. The waiting staff are very pleasant but a coffee is as far as i would go, and only if it was the last place in the town that was open! The food is always old and looks it

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank angel70

Dublin, Ireland
“Lovely food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

Restaurant was very quiet which put me off slightly but thought I would try and had a lovely surf and tuft.

Visited March 2014
Ireland
“Not Sure If I Will Return”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

Booked a table for a family occasion on a weekend night. On entering the restaurant we were greeted warmly & shown to our seats, what was very noticeable was that we were the only diners in the restaurant & this did not change for the duration of our meal. This meant that there was not much of an atmosphere but on the other hand we were very well looked after by the staff.
We ordered 3 courses each & I chose the deep fried wedges of brie, it was quite tasty but what I did find was the brie could have done with another few minutes cooking as it was not melted but instead tepid and semi hard. For main I had the steak, again presented beautifully but the cut of meat was not great, there were parts that had quite alot of grisle & I was unable to chew it. Desert was fine but the cream on top was not fresh so I just removed it and ate the rest !
All in all I was a little disappointed and feel that the restaurant is on a bit of a downhill roll which is a shame. I'm not sure if I will return, it would not be the top of my list of eateries :(

• Visited March 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Sunshine978
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Poor food and terrible value”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

There are some great places to eat in Dungarvan but this is not one of them. Visited on St. Patricks Day as everywhere else was jammed. Tiffany's was comparatively empty and now we know why. The menu looks ok but it's downhill from there.

We had pasta with prawns (a giant bowl if spaghetti with awful "tomatoe" sauce from a jar and tasteless prawns fajitas (marginally better but no flavour).

For the price we paid (each course was €15) this is very bad standard and value food by comparison to some fantastic places within a few hundred yard.

This place is not at all up to the great standards in Dungarvan.

Skibbereen, Ireland
“Not Impressed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

I came here for a carvery lunch and i really wasn't impressed. i thought it was over priced and the food was very dry. I wouldn't come here again im afraid.

Visited January 2013