“What a view!”

Seaview Guesthouse
Ranked #6 of 15 Dungarvan B&B and Inns
“What a view!”
Reviewed 13 November 2012

We visited Dungarvan while in Ireland as it is the town my great grandmother grew up in. Our stay at Seaview Guest house was an added blessing. The home was immaculate and welcoming The view from the home was breathtaking. We took so many pictures! The treatment was very good and the breakfast was scrumptious. We recommend this place very highly. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Pat L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
CA
Reviewed 3 October 2012

The name is appropriate - what a gorgeous location! The room was just lovely - our prettiest of the trip! Thank you for such a comfortable stay in a newly decorated/painted room. We enjoyed a relaxing morning by the window!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Lynneseagl
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Our first stay in Ireland and very first B&B. Found this nice and clean place outside Dungarvan on the top of a hill with the most beautiful view over the bay area but a busy road. Stayed there for two nights and enjoyed the hospitality. The hostess was very helpful and truly interested in her guests. With her help we visited Lismore Castle (inside!) and enjoyed a very good meal in a very nice pub 5 minutes away in walking distance. In Dungarvan we had a wonderful meal at the Tannery Restaurant (10 Quay Street),-the place is mentioned in the Michelin guide but prices were low and easily affordable.

Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank MadsDen
Mallow
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Having read previous reviews I booked this B&B.I was so disappointed.Firstly I didn't get a great welcome on arriving, just handed a bunch of keys, the room was very very poor cobwebs in corners, tea/coffee stains on lockers had to use baby wipes to clean it myself, the bedside lamp shades could do with been changed, we had no showers as we were afraid to use it , dirty brown grout/ stains and along the shower door very dirty a bottle of bleach would do a big job here. I bought disinfectant to put on toilet before we used it. Beds were comfortable. There was a pull out bed in room, very uncomfortable kept coming apart throughout the night, child ended up sleeping in our bed, which was a small double, stains also on the sofa/bed covers.On arriving at breakfast we were never greeted or asked if we slept ok.We ordered breakfast and were told they had no black/white pudding this morning !!!!! our breakfast consisted of 2 rashers, 2 sausages, an egg, a fried tomato. 2 slices of toast were halved and put on the table between 4 of us, leaving 2 spaces in the toast holder,(we saw no homemade bread,)I had to ask for more, had to ask for orange juice,milk and took butter from another table as I was so fed up of asking for items. the cereal bowls were so small my daughter asked me why are we using baby bowls. The yogurt was poured into an unattractive bowl not even a few choices of carton yogurt were available. Two segments of tinned peaches and tinned grapefruit were left swimming in their own juices, I found the whole thing very penny pinching experience. The room was for a family of 4 we got 2 mugs, 2 tiny milk sachets no spoon, thankfully I had a calpol spoon in my bag!!!!. The towels could have done with some comfort. I have stayed in many B&B's but his was the worst. I was wondering if the business has changed hands since the reviews were done previously on their site. It is a very dated B& B that could do with been modernised I personally believe the views of Dungarvan bay is attracting the business. I don't think I would book a B&B again based on reviews. I went towards Dungarvan town and found many B&B's to choose from to spent another two days of our break. Very disappointing experience here.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
10 Thank scorpiomallow
Dublin
Reviewed 24 May 2012

We rather accidentally came across this B&B, who were happy to take us in at 10 pm, and our stay was wonderful. The view of the bay is splendid, the room was comfortable and clean, our host was friendly and helpful in getting us on our way the next day, and the breakfast was quite good. It's conveniently located right on the N25, so it's easy to get to. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Goose Creek, South Carolina
Reviewed 13 May 2012

We had a great experience at the Seaview in Dungarvan. Martin met us at the door and showed to a local pub - only 300 meters away - where we spent the next 2 nights in a wonderful atmosphere! Thanks so much Martin. We would love to come back sometime.

Room Tip: Go for the front rooms with the scenery toward the water, wonderful!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Incline Village, Nevada
Reviewed 8 May 2012

This guesthouse is a little way outside Dungarvan on a very busy main road with hardly any shoulder so one really needs a car if staying here. Because it was dark and raining, our small group had our bus driver take us the couple of minutes up the road to the restaurant. Seaview is quite charming with a nice sitting room looking toward the water. My room was bright and clean with an adequate bathroom. I was pleased to find wall mounted bed lights as most places had useless little short lamps beside the bed. If you have a car, this is nice place to stay. The breakfast was very good and the staff were friendly.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends