“Lunch and Beer”

The Anchor Bar
Ranked #9 of 41 Restaurants in Dungarvan
“Lunch and Beer”
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

My son and I had a great experience here. The food was fantastic with excellent choice, very reasonable prices Tea only 1.50. Great. The staff were friendly and efficient and we were able to sit outside looking over the harbour and up at the mountains. The Dungarvan Stout was also really good. Would thoroughly recommend and look forward to next visit.

2 Thank Angela D

Waterford
“A trip to remember”
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

I went to the anchor bar with my family this august! We were met by friendly staff and a VERY clean pub! Tables were cleaned and set and we were immediately asked if we were in the market for food or drinks. We are food there and after the waitresses recommendation were went for 4 fish and chips! It was amazing! I have never tasted fish like it! It was very clear the chef knew what he/ she was doing and the beer batter was out of this world! Everyone working there had a smile on their face! The only criticism I have is the coffee there isn't the best! I wouldn't be going there for coffee but for a nice pint and food it's perfect with a spectacular view!

carlow
“A mistake not to repeat”
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

Bathrooms were spotless and staff were polite but that's all I can say in a positive. Place itself was manky, sticky floors, unwiped table tops etc. Food was grease soaked :( we won't be back

• Visited August 2014
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
“Dog friendly”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Thrilled to be made welcome on the terrace of The Anchor overlooking very pretty Dungarvan Harbour. The staff immediately brought a bowl of water for my dog, and we're very helpful on menu suggestions. The food was wholesome and tasty, and the whole experience and outstanding views have ensured us having lunch there almost every day of our holiday.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Marian F
tipperary
“Super pub”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Love this pub. Great views and spotless. Good food and great atmosphere. Alwayts our first stop when we visit Dungarvan.

• Visited July 2014