“Excellent value for monet”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Saint Tudy
Michaelstow Manor Holiday Park
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Saint Tudy
Caldicot, Wales, United Kingdom
“Excellent value for monet”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Have just returned home after a fabulous holiday break Sept 7th to 15th. Yes some of the chalets are a little tired and in need of renovation but they are comfortable and clean and if you have pets you should not expect the Ritz. The staff are very friendly and go out of their way to accommodate your every requirement. The facilities are excellent and include an indoor pool, solarium, sauna, & children's play area and amusements. The food in the restaurant & take away are reasonably priced and very good. The manor is sited in a wonderful area of Cornwall with some fabulous beaches only a short drive away as are many of the other attractions in this beautiful part of our country. I am retired and am always looking for breaks away from home, being widowed with an ageing Westie I have often taken a cottage in Cornwall and West Wales but Michaelstow with its friendly staff and attention, excellent facilities and adequate accommodation at very reasonable prices ticks all the boxes for me and my dog Kerry. My new partner whom I took on this short break with her little dog also had a lovely time and was amazed at the excellent value for money this holiday was. Needless to say I will be returning at every opportunity as I love this part of the country and its dog friendly attitude which extends throughout the whole area. What more can I say, you get what you pay for and very much more at Michaelstow Manor.

Tom, Beryl, Kerry & Georgie

Room Tip: Just ask the staff
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Cullompton, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 September 2013

We stayed at the Holiday park as part of The Sun holidays scheme, all in we paid £40 which for a family holiday for five day was unbelievable.

Was a little disappointed we couldn't check in until 4.30pm on our first day but we went down the beach so wasn't a real issue.

Once we got the keys to the chalet we were able to park almost right outside which was a bonus due to having a car full of stuff. The chalet was very dated with miss-matching furniture and generally pretty tired. Like something out of the 80's that hasn't been touched since.

Having said that it wasn't dirty and for a cheap break was absolutely fine, however if I'd paid the usual amount I would be giving it a much lower rating.

Due to having very small kids we didn't see any of the evening entertainment but from what I heard from other guests it sounded pretty good. I highly recommend the take away, massive portions, just a single portion of chips fed my wife, my son and I!

Another good thing was the play ground which had swings, slides etc. My son enjoyed himself one this but there was a number of wasp nests in the surrounding trees which was a bit of a pain

1 Thank JamesB875
Totnes, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Stayed here 9-14th September with my Mum and Niece on a £9.50 Sun Holiday and that is the only reason we didn't turn around and come straight back home. Chalet number 16 was last cleaned in about 1970 , dirty and damp, it had been febreezed to within an inch of its life when we arrived, the place had not been hoovered , stains on the carpets , a bath mat which we had to move out of the bathroom for fear of catching something, a tele which was about 10 cms from the ( very old ) sofa bed, a coin meter which was expensive, my Mum found dead insects on the carpet in my room, which also had a very interesting curtain ring attachment , string ( see photos).
Staff were all very nice though , I felt sorry for them really, having to work in the ' Manor' , which had the aroma of a badly run old peoples home ,except the cleaning staff ( none of which we saw during our stay) , my Mum cleaned everywhere before we used the chalet , the bath was rusty and the crap shower attachment looked like it had been in a bucket of dirt ( photos to follow ) , taps disgusting, overflow dirty, plug tied onto the chain with a piece of string, the toilet even had unmentionable brown stains on the skirting . Swimming pool in desperate need of a refurb especially as it leaked when it had been raining and the door to get in was rusty and stiff. Their was one chair in our chalet which quite frankly needed burning it was so stained and smelly. On the last day my brother came to join us and couldn't believe his eyes especially after discovering a dirty nappy on top of the wardrobe in the double room ( I wonder if that will be removed after this post ). The smoke detector didn't work, the fridge was missing shelves in the door, we didn't dare walk on the carpets so kept flip flops on at all times. I did see someone complaining just after we arrived but have also heard since that there is no point getting an upgrade to something possibly worse than you are already in, I think most of the accommodation is way below standard. We spoke to quite a few people who felt the same as us, it was like a little club to see who had the worse chalet! . I could go on and on but will post my photos for you to see. I do hope this has been a recent purchase by Hoseasons because this place needs a great deal of money ploughing into it to make it somewhere near acceptable.We had to laugh , or we would have cried, I won't be returning here.

3 Thank Elise E

Travellers are raving about these Saint Tudy hotels

Reviewed 14 September 2013

we have just stay here for 4 nights unfortunately the place was damp the bedding was discusting there was mould on top of the fridge and inside the fridge was dirty the carpets were stained and sticky the heating and hot water and that was on electric coin meter so unless you wana spend a fortune to stay warm it's hopeless the sofa was stained the paint is pealing of the windows and doors the curtains are old and crappy the park was ok but not in great condition the swimming pool was dirty and the roof was leaking into it so didn't even bother going swimming you can't order food in the restaurant till 7 far to late for my 2 year old to eat! and if you do eat there you have no choice but to eat in where they have the entertainment the bar also dosnt open till 7 and unless you like bingo (I hate it!) you have that every night for about an hour and you can't even go sit anywhere else unless you go back to your smelly damp chalet!!!! the arcade bit is crap most of the machines don't even work and they don't even bother turning them on! the you get one of the cooks kids sat in there every night eating like complete animals jumping on all the chairs being rude to the guests on the up side some of the staff are friendly!

• Stayed September 2013
3 Thank chrissy0151
Bovington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 September 2013

That is by far the worst accommodation i have ever had to stay in, we were close to going home after arriving! The electric is on a meter so make sure you have plenty of pound coins!
The apartment where we stopped was so damp the bedding didn't smell fresh, all our clothes stunk after sitting on the furniture,
Terrible location for a site, nearest store is a 25 min drive, through narrow single track back roads.
I can not for one minute fathom the idea how this place passes health and safety! all of the PAT testing on the plugs were due 6 months ago,
all of the pictures on the website are out dated, the site is a miserable dark and damp place!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 457neilm457
Totnes, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Just stayed at number 16. Make sure you don't! Everywhere smelled of damp.The furniture in the lounge was filthy, the table was sticky, the carpet stained and my daughter found a sweet sticking to it under the tv, the curtains hanging off the rails. Cleaned the kitchen cupboards I wanted to use. The microwave was rusty, the fridge did not have any inserts in the door, resulting in milk spilling everywhere, the window blind was stained and little flies kept appearing on the windowsill and around the draining board. The bin provided was rusty and out of shape. Next the bathroom. Thick black 'sludge' in the overflow, the plug attached to its chain by a piece of string, cobwebs everywhere, the bath was filthy, rusty and stained, the rack was filthy as was the light pull. The bedding had seen better days, glad I took my own to put on top of theirs! The main light in my daughter's bedroom didn't work, neither did the two wall lights in the bedroom I shared with my granddaughter. Stained curtains hanging off the rail, and the best bit was the dirty nappy on top of the wardrobe in my daughter's room! I had to buy bleach and disinfectant wipes and we spent as little time as possible in there. We ate in the restaurant the first night but the food was awful, the drinks were expensive. The swimming pool had a rusty door that you really had to use all your strength to open, the pool was dirty and the chairs had algae growing up the legs. Machines in the 'Games Room' didn't work. On the plus side, the staff were friendly and entertainment, especially when provided by Mick Dundee, was a laugh, but one night the chap on the accordion was dire! Lovely setting too, it's such a shame about the chalets!

4 Thank Jan F
Uckfield, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Scene very nice, but chalet very outdated and out of the ark. Bed uncomfortable, sofa uncomfortable and generally room smelt musty. Outside.appearance of some rooms looked.digusting with mould on curtains and blinds. Only thing going for the place was the entertainment at night.

• Stayed September 2013
Trehellas House
#1 of 1 in Washaway
Bowood Park Hotel & Golf Club
Hengar Manor Country Park

Been to Michaelstow Manor Holiday Park? Share your experiences!