“Tired and out of date”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Saint Tudy
Michaelstow Manor Holiday Park
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Saint Tudy
Reviewed 25 September 2013

We stayed here with one of the sun £9.50 newspaper offers so only paid £38 for a 3 night break and for that money it was ok BUT if we had paid the full price I would ask for money back .
It was clean but it took you back to the 1970;s hi di hi tv show they even had the morning campers unit in the chalets ....
The rooms smell very damp , we put the main mattress on the living room sofa bed because room was very small and we wanted to watch tv in bed when we got back at night .
We only used it for a place to sleep , looked at the pool but to be honest it looked dirty , didn't have food there nor go to the evening entertainment mainly because we got back late at night .
When we arrived we went to our chalet ( no.81) and opposite a chalet had the police blue and white tape across the door so that didn't welcome us too much !!
On the good side , the staff were all very nice and helpful , the chalet even tho old and past it was clean .

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 23 September 2013

just been there for the weekend it was the worse place we have ever been, the accommodation was ok needs work but we where only there for the weekend( thank god) the pool was really cold and no where to change, the amusements that was a laugh most didn't work, the bar and shop was only open for short periods. I will say that the meals were very good. We took grandchildren with us and they had no entertainment. The beds were as hard as nails, and we spent loads on the electric which was pound coins, the grass around our chalet was so long the little ones could not really play on it. Would we go again no

2  Thank jc61
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We have just had our third holiday at michaelstowe manor and had a lovely time. accomodation is basic but clean.Staff are all lovely and always helpful. Entertainment good.Matricks is great and comedian mick was really lovely. Hope to go back again next year.

Room Tip: we have stayed in no 20 and no 11 and both were fine
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 September 2013

My goodness I have never stayed in such damp accommodation before. We paid over £300 for our holiday and left a week early. Don't mind rainy Cornwall if you can sit indoors in relative comfort and read or watch TV,but we couldn't sit together on the sofa bed because it was so awful.Mattress kept slipping off it when we sat on it. All or clothes were damp after the first night and we put a fortune in the Meter trying to dry the place out. I will never go there again. On the positive side,the staff we met were all lovely and the clubhouse was nice..(and warm)andvthe park is good for exploring local area but you do need a car, as advised in the brochure. Very dissapointing.

2  Thank MandyCambridgeshire
Reviewed 22 September 2013

After taking this trip for a well needed break with my daughter (10 weeks old) along with my friend and her daughter (16 months) we needed another holiday to get over this one because of the poor service at Michael Stow, the chalets were like something from the 50's, dated is an understatement. 1 of the bedrooms had no radiator or form of heating to go with the shabby single glazed windows, I told the reception that I had a 10 week old baby with me and the room was not fit for her to sleep in, to which they said they would bring me a blow heater. Not safe for a baby! The 'sofa' was like an old garden bench with a throw on it, no way you could relax on it. The TV had one channel which was dated.The 'bathroom' had no shower just a rusty/dirty old bath, no toilet roll or towels were provided. The tuck shop on site was closed all day so after a 6 hour journey to get there we couldn't even have a cup of tea! The reception desk had cats laying all over it.... I have no problem with cats but for hygiene reasons I dont see this as acceptable for a hotel.There was 1 member of staff I saw on site who was polish, didnt speak English therefore did not understand my complaints. After seeing the pool water was brown, I had enough and decided to get a B&B for the weekend instead of putting myself, friend and children through anymore, bumping our 'cheap' weekend for a break away up to £200 extra costs for the accomodation. I handed the key back the night we arrived, packed up the car and got out of there. Absolutely disgusting hotel and I never want to go anywhere near there again. My advice, do not go to this eerie, dirty and poor serviced hotel.

2  Thank Jodie N
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Just come home from michaelstow and what a fab time we had. The chalets are basic but clean and have everything you need. The manor house is lovely and staff are helpful and friendly. There is a variety of entertainment every night including bingo and quizzes before the Caberet. The drinks and food are also reasonable and overall we have nothing bad to say. You do need a car to make the most of your trip. Would definitely recommend this park,great value for money and will definitely be going back.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 20 September 2013 via mobile

We arrived on the monday for a 5 day visit. We got our trip from the sun after checking out the facilities that michaelstow manor suggests it has and for the most part were slightly disappointed. Being in cornwall we were looking forward to going on our holiday. We found michaelstow fairly easily but it's in difficult place to visit anything. Its very out of the way so walking to anywhere is practically not an option and i enjoy a walk! At the park itself there is a couple of ammenities. Shop, laundrette, restaurant. But not very much to keep people entertained. We choose to leave the park most days and enjoy tourist attractions. Our chalet... No 2. Was pretty damp but had the usual things in it. Sofa, bed, tv. We had a few problems in the chalet but to be fair to the owners they came and fixed anything we had a problem with. The electric was run by a coin operator in the chalet which worked well if a bit expensively! We just found all the time we were in the chalet it was like we were outside in the chill and rain. We were lying in thin layers of water whcih wasnt nice. I think with a massive revamp the place could b a great spot for older people but they way it is now......(outdated and very damp) we wouldnt go back. We left a day early. Thankyou to the workforce though, they helped where they could. Steve

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Steve2017

Been to Michaelstow Manor Holiday Park? Share your experiences!