I've stayed and dined at Hodkinson's a number of times, and it really is a unique and special place.
The ambience is lovely. Rooms decorated in Victorian style to suit the character of the building, but with all mod-cons. Cosy and warm and with comfortable beds and lots of space in the rooms.
Despite being on the main road, I've always slept well here due to the fact that traffic all but disappears once the day-trippers have gone home. At night Matlock Bath reverts to being a country village, in my experience!
The restaurant at Hodkinson's is excellent. One of my favourite places to eat, anywhere. Service is attentive without being pushy, detailed without being stuffy and very friendly.
The food is wonderful and I love the wine list!
This last trip was with family, including my 6 year old niece, for whom the staff prepared special meals, and even gave her her own tableware. Her dog was welcomed too, and was also supplied with bedding and bowls.
This is not a regular business or chain hotel, but an historic building serving its original purpose in the heart of an interesting and, during the day, bustling village. For something different, but of excellent quality I would recommend Hodkinson's every time and certainly plan to visit again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Independently owned period townhouse with 8 individually designed guestrooms and 18-seater restaurant, centrally located in Matlock Bath, ideal for access to Matlock, Bakewell, Chatsworth House & ideal for exploring the Peak District and only 20 mins from the M1. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Hodgkinson's Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hodgkinsons Hotel Matlock Bath
- Hodgkinson's Hotel Matlock Bath, Derbyshire