From the initial phone call, where the emphasis was on the dogs names, to the second we sadly had to say good bye, we were made most welcome. The new owners have just the right balance of helpful hints without overloading you with their own preferences. They genuinely want you to enjoy your stay as do ALL the staff. The Chef, Colin, pops out occasionally to discuss his fayre and ensure you are enjoying his offerings. It is difficult not to, as the standard is very high. The service is not fast, so sit back and enjoy fresh produce, lovingly cooked and well presented. Havering sold out of one item on the desert menu, he offered and prepared an apple crumble (not on the menu) from scratch. You don't get better than that. Rooms well appointed and clean, dogs slept in the room. To the best of my knowledge, we were the only guests with a dog. The hotel was fully occupied, but even so, there was plenty of space and staff to cater for all guests, who by the way seemed equally as pleasant as our hosts. the car park is small, but we were offered a token for the public car park 100 yards away, which worked well. Its a great place to base yourself, as we did, to explore the southern Peak District. We are well travelled and were pleasantly surprised by this hotel. It even has it's own cave!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Independently owned period townhouse with 8 individually designed guestrooms and 18-seater restaurant, centrally located in Matlock Bath, ideal for access to Matlock, Bakewell, Chatsworth House & ideal for exploring the Peak District and only 20 mins from the M1. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Hodgkinson's Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hodgkinsons Hotel Matlock Bath
- Hodgkinson's Hotel Matlock Bath, Derbyshire