Stayed at this hotel for one night for a visit to Matlock Bath illuminations. Chris & Zoe, as others have said are lovely hosts and staff extremely friendly and helpful. We were welcomed and shown to our rooms by Chris, I stayed in the Eyam room with my daughter and dog, and my parents in the room next door. Rooms were immaculate and decor in keeping with the rest of the hotel. Loved the little touches where the dog was concerned, food bowls and blankets were provided and the following morning at breakfast a sausage was brought out for the dog too (which was devoured back home!)
We were lucky enough to get a parking space at the top of the hill behind the hotel, and the hotel itself is in a very central location so no need for us to use the car while we were there.
We chose to eat in the restaurant for our evening meal before heading out, wow, food far surpassed what was expected. Cannot recommend this hotel enough, and if I'm ever planning to visit Matlock Bath again, I know where I will be staying!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Independently owned period townhouse with 8 individually designed guestrooms and 18-seater restaurant, centrally located in Matlock Bath, ideal for access to Matlock, Bakewell, Chatsworth House & ideal for exploring the Peak District and only 20 mins from the M1. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Hodgkinson's Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hodgkinsons Hotel Matlock Bath
- Hodgkinson's Hotel Matlock Bath, Derbyshire